Thursday, February 23, 2006

I have been visiting blogs now for almost 2 full years. I have been commenting on a blog I frequent. It's a place where I have met some very nice folks-- intelligent, bright and friendly.

The place I hang out at (sometimes just lurking, not commenting) is Eschaton. It is one of the top 5 liberal/progressive blogs in the US.
At Eschaton a lot of us managed to forge connections via our comments. We knew each other via our handles. Then some of us came up with the idea that we should meet. And so last September we held a conference of Eschatonians and we were able to put faces to the handles and meet the wonderful people. We were all from different places,backgrounds and we shared a common goal of making America and this world a better place.

A lot of people have blogs, for the longest time I thought I don't need a blog. I don't have much to say I thought, and a lot of people say what I might want to say more eloquently. But as time went by, I asked myself why not have a blog? Why not put down my random thoughts, musings, rants, opinions? I would provide my own perspective unique or not. Would any one care to read? Maybe..maybe not. I might do a bit of photoblogging who knows..lets see how it goes.

So here it is, my first post (of sorts.. a post with a grainy image of me did not count as a first- I deleted it :-)) -Jay

5 comments:

Anand said...

America a better place ?
Sure needs to be !!!

karmic_jay said...

America a better place ?
Sure needs to be !!!

Yes our world in general needs to be a better place. I don't have a lot of faith in civilzation. So color me a skeptic. And that does not mean I won't try my little bit.
Thanks for visitng.

Mukta said...

Hi Jay,

Yes...do the photoblogging thing! I love photoblogs!

J said...

>>Would any one care to read?
Does it matter? Whom are you writing for?

Oh, thanks for dropping by my blog,

Politics, environment, football and technology dont quite interest me, so I dunno if I'd have anything to comment on :)

Anonymous said...

Today is my lucky day :)
Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/d9QOON and apply for it.