Wednesday, March 08, 2006

End of a long day post...
Don't know what else I can call it. Oh well the long day and a long commute (damn you road construction) was made bearable by the lovely and talented Ms. Rachel Weisz. No she was not on the train with me, well she was sort of (one can at least dream) as I watched The Constant Gardner on the laptop.
I have a rather long commute (should be a subject of a post by itself) and the part of it on the trains (yes I take 2 trains) is spent either snoozing reading or watching a movie. That being said, constant gardner is a great movie and I can see why Ms. Weisz won the Oscar over a very strong field. She is just luminous and amazing in this movie. I am also wondering why I haven't yet read a John LeCarre book yet. Sigh! That has to bre rectified soon, I wonder if anyone has any recommendations?
Talking about the strong field, a part of me was disappointed that the incredible Catherine Keener did not win an Oscar. IMHO Hollywood makes a huge mistake by ignoring talent like her. Noticed her first in Being John Malkovitch and then the 40 year old virgin and lately in Capote. Hope her star keeps rising.
Ack! It's time to turn in..later gators!

11 comments:

Mr. J said...

Shez cuuuuuuuuuuuuute... but Milla jovovich takes the cake. I'm soooo madly in love with her.

MAKHTUB said...

I havent seen either movies!! :((

Wow dude how long is ur commute?? Dont tell me it is longer than having to commute from andheri to new bombay?? Man atleast u have ur laptop for co...here we have nothing but women swearing on one another...aah but that can be entertainment in itself..lol


cheers

karmic_jay said...

It's 2 hours each way. Dont' ask why. :-)I plan to photoblog it one day.
I used to travel in the Bombay local trains, so I kind of know how it can be. The entertainment is not just in the women's compartment, the mens as well. I can't do it anynmore though, now I just take a cab or rent a car when I visit.
PS: Capote is more of a serious movie and is not out on video or DVD, but the constant gardner is. I don't know what the release schedule is in India though.
Thanks for stopping by. :-)

Chic Mommy said...

I used to commute on a train when I used to work. It was packed sometimes, with standing room only, and of course, because it was a NY-NJ commuter train, full of desis. I once got stuck standing behind a guy who farted continuously for 40 minutes. The silent but dealy kind. I thought I was going to die.

karmic_jay said...

CM. I feel for ya. I take the MARC train in Maryland, its not as crowded. No experiences of the unpleasant olfactory kind..yet

Ekta said...

Hey karmic,
I travel 30 minutes one way everyday and honestly dont mind it!..Feel its the only time in the day to myself and enjoy it quite a bit!

Viewer said...

Got to see Capote... Have a nice weekend

Viewer said...

Got to see Capote... Have a nice weekend

Viewer said...

Travelling Jeez i hate to do that in mumbai its pathetic esp train

karmic_jay said...

You have a good weekend too. I love the rains, esp the ones in India. For whatever reason I don't get that lovely smell that comes from the earth soaked in rain. Have experienced it just one here.
Also nothing like hiking in the sahyahdris eh.. in the monsoons?
I have fond memories of thse days escaping the craziness of Bombat for a day or two.
The rain is just cuddle up..hot chocolate and book kind of weather. We have a warm day here finally, spring in the air.
I may have some philadelphia photo blogging, I have to get the images out off the camera and on to the blog sometime over the weekend. I might have them up come Monday.
I used to travel regularly from Mulund to Parel. I don't know how I did it now. Maybe living in a different place does that to you.

Compulsive Objectivist said...

Yo KJ, It me CO. Hi. So you're in Wilmington, DE. Cool!! You and Makhtub sometimes gang up against me (LOL!) on Aranyi's blog. Thanks, but it makes life interesting....
Capote is great, and Hoffman deserved the Oscar - high time....