Sunday, May 14, 2006

Model's Blonde Moment


This could have happened to any one I guess, but that's what sky news decided to call it. Link here
Well who knows, but the blondes I know are pretty smart, but then I move around in different circles ;)
A supermodel fell out of a coach travelling at 50mph after mistaking an exit door for a toilet door.

It happened as Tatyana Simanava was returning to her seat from the WC.

Instead of opening the door to the passenger area she pulled open the emergency exit.

The 21-year-old blonde was pitched out onto a busy road in the middle of New York.

The driver reportedly spotted her falling out and pulled over.

Miraculously, Ms Simanava was not hit by any passing vehicles.

However, she was rushed to hospital with a suspected broken shoulder and wrist.

Fashion photographer Eric Striffler told the New York Post: "She's a great model... very attractive and sexy in front of the camera.

"I'm very sorry to hear this news. It puts her career on hold for a while, unfortunately."


She is actually lucky to get off with what are minor injuries considering what happened. Happy for her.

13 comments:

Keshi said...

What, she opened an Emergency Exit thinking it's the toilet door? thats really stupid. Sorry but that one really honors the blonde genes...lol!

Keshi.

Anand said...

I agree with keshi!
I mean..sorry but thats gotta be someone really dumb to do something like that!
Though thankfully she not hurt much!

Aditi said...

Hmm they have signs and stuff.. in large red letters stating EXIT..maybe it was a publicity stunt?

karmic_jay said...

lol@keshi..ahh the genes!

Anand, yes the roads in NY are pretty busy, so she got off light.

Aditi..publicity stunt at 50 mph?

Aditi said...

well maybe it was substance abuse? Although, I havent been to NY so am unfamiliar with the trains but arent the doors like the cta or metra where you cannot open them, that is regulated by others?

Teri said...

Now that's a good trick! I'm still trying to understand how one mistakes an emergency exit for a toilet....

Id it is said...

For some reason this reminds me of the time when Bush was in China and after a 'meet the press' session, while he was still on the TV screen he went toward the wrong end thinking that was the exit and tried opening it! All this was captured on public television!
The blonde simply went a step further.

karmic_jay said...

Aditi. I think she was in her own private limo or bus.
Teri,
She could have been intoxicated who knows..
Id. I remember that, I guess W and the model, neither are very sharp are they?

Enyur said...

LMAO...I'm sorry but that was hilarious!! I just don't understand how you can mistake an exit door for the toiley? lol! Okay, I should stop laughing...that's bad!

Keshi said...

lol Anand and Jay :)

Keshi.

opinionatedinjerzee said...

wtf!! you gotta be kidding me!!!

Viewer said...

Wasnt there any sing indicating that its a emergency exit or wht ?

karmic_jay said...

Heh there was a sign and no it really happened..