Sunday, June 25, 2006

Schezuan Stir Fry...

This entire process took about 30-40 mins (incl having to clean the shrimp). By the way I made this with shrimp, but it can be prepared with chicken or beef or any meat of your choice. It can also be meat free. I guess one could use broccoli, baby corn or any vegetable you prefer.

1/2 lb of shrimp.
1 medium size red onion, finely chopped.
1/2 red and green bell pepper chopped.
1 teaspoon ginger grated.
20-30 ml of Schezuan Stir Fry sauce (store bought).
Dash of Soy sauce.
1 packet of Udong Noodles (Or one of your choice).


In a wok add some oil, and once the oil/wok are hot toss in the onions and the grated ginger.
After a couple of mins toss in the shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chopped peppers, and the schezuan stir fry sauce.
Stir the whole mix together.





Add in the noodles (cooked in a pot of water and drained previosuly).
Mix to make sure the noodles are coated with the sauce.
Add a bit of soy sauce to taste if needed.
Servings 2.


It turned out quite well, and *A* agreed, after she had her first bite at dinner.

20 comments:

Aditi said...

Hmm not a bit chinese food fan but I must say, you not only spend all that effort cooking but detailing it here and taking wonderful pictures of the whole set up...
=)

Dadoji said...

I, too, cooked this weekend. No recipes (lack of time) but will post pictures.

Mr. J said...

Damn that looks so appetizing. You a good cook. :D

karmic_jay said...

@Aditi. Thanks. I find cooking relaxing. It also gives more time for *A* to focus on her work or other things.

@Dadoji.. Look forward to them.

@Me. *A* is a better cook, but I aon't bad either.

M (tread softly upon) said...

Do you have to talk about food on a monday morning?

Viewer said...

not a gr8 fan of chinese but yeah i am crazy abt shrimps n sea food

Viewer said...

i donno why i am coming back this pot of urs.... well the thing is am hungry :(

Shitrint said...

that looks yummy!!
and ur wife must be really lucky! u donning the chefs cap, huh?
cool!

karmic_jay said...

@M.. I know, I am being bad. Doesn't food drive away Monday morning blues? :)

@Viewer..I am no fan of chinese either, but don't mind cooking it myself. Must be end of the day for ya, no wonder you are hungry.

@shitrint. I try to cook sometimes. Usually just help her when she cooks, or take care of other household chores. We have a division of labor agreement of sorts :)
But I am trying to get back to the time when I used to cook a diferent dish every weekend. It is a nice change of pace from the routine.

Teri said...

mmmmmm... szechuan stir fry....

You always manage to make me hungry when you post recipes!

karmic_jay said...

@Teri. It's not me. It must be lunch time?
Oh wait aren't you on central time? :)

opinionatedinjerzee said...

ooooh, that looks good.. i dont like seafood.. can i do this with chicken breast?

opinionatedinjerzee said...

never mind.. when i went back to reread the recipe i see you can do this with chicken.. my bad!

Tamanna said...

I heart chinese food. Esp. Indo chinese. The stir fry looks yummy. Are you branching out into food blogging as well?

karmic_jay said...

:) @opin. it's really easy to do as well.

@tamanna, well sort of. There was a time when I used to try a diferent dish every weeekend. But then lost track of it, so trying to get back to it. Also am a foodie so might blog about it once in a while.

Tamanna said...

That's cool. Food bloogers have inspired me lately not only with perfecting my phootgraphy skills but also with cooking more often. Nothing beats [healthy] ghar ka khaana.

chandni said...

hmmmmmm looks good enought to eat, as they say!

i used to enjoy chinese back in india ( indian chinese actually) but after coming to the US have started hating it :D

karmic_jay said...

@Chandni.. Have you been to Chinese Mirch on Lexington and around 25th Street in NYC?
If you have not that is your chance to eat Indian Chinese. :)

Dadoji said...

There is also some place in SFO Bay Area where one can get Indian Chinese...forgot the name.

Ameet said...

I love watching the Nepali chefs at Mughal Express in Edison cook up yummy desi chinese stir-fry. I love eating it even more.