Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Love The General..


The above endorsement is from the general's blog here.
If you see my earlier post about Angela Merkel being touched inappropriately and the picture below of Connecticut democratic senator Joe Liberman being kissed by preznit (NY Times article about Joe's troubles here), you will get the endorsement by Angela Merkel of the faux news channel's favorite democrat Joe Lieberman, who is currently in the primary fight of his life in CT against Ned Lamont. There is a pretty good chance that Ned Lamont will win the primary. I have sent a few $ the way of Lamont, most of my friends in CT will vote for Lamont. I am hoping to be able to go to CT and help out with the get out the vote effort around the primary election.
To those of you unaware of the background behind this, an excellent oped by Atrios in the LA times should fill you in here.


PS: If some of you haven't guessed it, the Merkel endorsement is satire at it's best.

Oh and no comment about the image below. All I have to say is that the trash container is (ahem) very strategically placed.

10 comments:

Keshi said...

Last pic is quite interesting :):)

Keshi.

jason said...

I love the Merkle/Lieberman ad.

Aditi said...

Wow I didnt know about the Lieberman event. Loved the merkle ad, very creative.
So was the strategic placement of the trash can ... hehe

Dadoji said...

The entire post is "Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to arouse interest". ;-)

karmic_jay said...

Glad you all liked it.

opinionatedinjerzee said...

lol!! thats a funny ad!!

and... you are tagged.. lol!!

spocko said...

That ad cracked me up. Someone over at Boing Boing suggested it looked like the president was trying to give her the Vulcan neck pinch. (Which we all know human's can't get the hang of!)

What.An.Embarrassment.

M (tread softly upon) said...

where do yo come up with all this?lol

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»