I made this last week but did not have a chance to put up a post. The peaches are from our local farm Highland orchards farms. The peaches were amazing, luscious, sweet and juicy. The ice cream turned out well. The recipe below in case anyone wants to give it a try.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1.25 pounds ripe peaches (I used 6)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Combine the cream, half and half, and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar,
- Place the pan in the ice bath and stir occasionally until it collks to room temperature.
- Transfer to container and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- About an hour before freezing the ice cream, peel, pit and slice the peaches.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the juice and mash to crush the fruit.
- Let stand till the sugar dissolves.
- Stir into the cream mixture with the vanilla and almond, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grate in fresh nutmeg.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker as per instructions.
From Attaturk's blog.. I can see why he said that the U.S. media is seriously fracked up!
See the difference in the different editions? All the editions have the story about losing Afghanistan, while the US edition has a story about Annie Leibovitz. As he said nothing against the woman, but clearly Americans can't handle the truth? Or maybe our media does not want to rock the boat with the election 6 weeks ago ;-). I mean can't have dear leader looking bad now can they?