Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kissing Her In My Sleep…Shower Fresh Fragrance…A Blonde In Black..Cowgirl.. Medusa On The Road…

I have written in the past about my power nap on the light rail on my way back from work. I have in my sleep, opened my mouth as if to take a bite and woken up to realize I was dreaming of food and I was about to eat it. Well today it was different. I dreamt about *A* nestling her head against my shoulder. She said "kiss me honey". And I lowered my head as if to kiss her and woke up. Oops! That would been funny for other passengers I guess if they had seen this guy in his sleep.. his lips and mouth moving as if he was kissing someone who was not there.

I went back to sleep after that and after sometime my olfactory senses were very aware of a faint, shower fresh fragrance from someone sitting next to me. It was so very alive and I did not want to open my eyes, sometimes you just want to feel something and savor it. I did not want to see who it was. The fragrance seemed to fill up my senses and take me to a different place rather than the slightly metallic, mechanical smell of a train punctuated with remainders of the still sweet, yet stale smell of spilled sodas and other drinks that I encounter on my travel on a work day. It probably lasted for a few minutes cos when I got up there were the barest of all traces of it and the person next to me was gone. Her presence lingered though, thru rapidly diluting, degrading molecules of the scent that she wore.

Ever walk along those long, well lit, light colored corridors in a nameless office building that seem to stretch on and on? I was walking along one to fetch my coffee in this long empty place and then from one of the many passages that feed in to these corridors popped in this blonde woman. She was tall and clad in a black dress that ended a little above her knees. Her hair fell to the middle of her back, not a strand out of place. It moved along with her with an easy grace and elegance adhering to her contours like a well fitting dress or a glove or whatever. But what I noticed was her almost knee high boots. I am not sure if that falls under acceptable work place attire? Heck maybe she did not even work there. I watched her as she turned in to another passageway. But what popped in to my head was the zztop song.. "Legs" part of the lyrics below

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to coose them.
She's holdin' leg wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
yeah, it's alright.

I also noticed her wearing glasses as she turned. And pops in to the crazy, fast changing lanes of my mind... if she were a librarian, that would be one heck of a sexy librarian. Maybe that thought came from Mona's recent post about her getting bifocals. There .. I can blame her for putting that thought in my head via her blog ;) Just kidding...

I did not think of this again till I was sitting in the lobby in the train station when I was typing up this post and out of the corner of my eyes I noticed a pair of cowboy boots. They were a lovely brown color with black and white designs on it. My eyes moved tracking them and then up the legs that they adorned. Which is when I went with a silent "whoa!" It took me a while to get to the point where I came to the hemline of her skirt. It was way above her knees. A white frilly number that had what looked like two layers of frilly lace like stuff woven on to it.

As she walked by I noticed her wearing a brown leather jacket (I don't remember what she wore under it). She seemed to be of Asian ancestry, short and even from this amateur with no claims to understanding fashion, I thought she did not carry the costume that well.

Heh.. did I just call it costume? Maybe she was on her way to welcome someone special maybe they had a game of cowgirl and "insert your favorite role player here" planned? On the train? ;-) This could go in so many directions..she could be wearing holsters on either sides and instead of guns she could have beer bottles or something else in them. She could have some rope and lasso someone in. Ok enough already..

I am in the car now just off the highway taking a detour to avoid having to pay toll. I am on a smaller single lane road, speed limit 45 mph. I noticed this grey colored car coming up behind me with some speed. I am like ok dude I ain't going faster for ya. You will have to hold your horse. As the car got closer I noticed these strands of hair flying around in the car around the drivers head. She must have had the windows down. She kept coming and the thought "Medusa In A Car" popped in to my head. Medusa.. she of the brass hands, sharp fangs and hair of living, venomous snakes, which is what I thought when I saw her hair flying around like that as if it had a life of it's own. As the road split, I managed to get a fleeting glimpse of a lovely light coffee complexioned woman.

As she changed lanes in front of me and we stopped at a red light, I got a glimpse of three of her in her driver side mirror. Three of her.. cos the sideview mirror of the mercury tracer was cracked and as she moved while talking on her cellphone. I was able to see her in threes.. the pencil thin eyebrows, the light brown complexion, dark eyes and strands of her unruly hair falling across her face.

The light changed and so did my thoughts as they came back to the rich and full sound of Robert Siegel on NPR talking about the news of the day which was a hell lot more depressing than all of the above.

PS: I looked up wikipedia for Medusa and I came across this rather unsual interpetation of her by Camille Paglia..

"It is against the mother that men have erected their towering edifice of politics and sky-cult. She is Medusa, in whom Freud sees the castrating and castrated female pubes. But Medusa's snaky hair is also the writhing vegetable growth of nature. Her hideous grimace is men's fear of the laughter of women."

19 comments:

Maggie said...

Man I love this post. You got me all hot and bothered with all those descriptions of women in black, boots, cowboy play....I love the way your mind wanders.

Sanjay said...

Maggie thanks and thanks for stopping by. I should write more often about my meanderings :)

Keshi said...

ok I need a man right now! Jay u have no idea where thi spost took me LOL!

Keshi.

Aditi said...

That was a very interesting post..Its funny how your mind jumps from one to another...
quite enjoyed reading about it.
I am guessing the changing weather has prompted all those boots to come out

Sanjay said...

@Keshi.. :). Maybe you could write up a post about where this post took ya!

@Aditi.Thanks. Ya my mind jumps all over the place, I wonder how I keep it focused at times. As for the temp and boots, it was 80 deg F that day, seemed a tad too warm for boots, but I ain't complaning.

Anonymous said...

Jay...that woman in the hallway with knee-high boots?

That woman...

...was me.

Sexy librarian indeed! ;-)

-Mona

Gangadhar said...

oh Sanjay..you've got so many women fans becos of dis post..hehe..

Sanjay said...

Jay...that woman in the hallway with knee-high boots?
That woman...
...was me.

Mona.. I should 'ave known, she did seem to have that "new bifocals" walk too.;-)

@Ganga..lol.

M (tread softly upon) said...

Your commute is like a whole sensory stimulation: visual, olfactory, auditory....the works :)

Sanjay said...

@ M .. thanks. Yup and a reminder that I am still alive.

Jessica said...

Your first paragraph could be an opening movie scene.

Sanjay said...

@Jessica. :)

starry nights said...

Jay you have a wild imagination. good story and a very well written post.cowboy boots!

Piki said...

That was a great post!!!
I felt like I was there, with you, the whole time. Very well written!
Now I can't get this image of legs out of my head :)
-Priti

Sanjay said...

Staryy/ Piki.. Thanks

Keshi said...

**Maybe you could write up a post about where this post took ya!

Nice try Mr.Jay but na this time is's all banned from public LOL!

Keshi.

Sanjay said...

Keshi..You could write it under a psuedonym and only let certain folks read it. :) But i know what ya mean.

White Magpie said...

Great write. All those food writes were making me hungry ;) and yes, I loved the way you wrote about not opening ur eyes so as not to break the experience..the lingering perfume et al..thats the way to 'experience' isnt it?...

Pick 3 Turbo Player said...

Nice blog!

If you get a chance, check out my site: Pick 3 Turbo Player

Thanks