Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Part Deux Tuna, English Good Do Speak I And Pics From The Web

My last Tuna post in a while I promise.. ;)

Pan-Seared Tuna with Avocado, Soy, Ginger, and Lime Recipe

courtesy Tyler Florence from Food TV. This was just very easy and took about 10 minutes start to finish for a slow poke like me.

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 1 serving
User Rating: 5 Stars

2 big handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped (I used only a handful we were running out)
1/2 jalapeno, sliced (I used one.. if it ain't got heat it ain't got it! ;-))
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, grated
2 limes, juiced (1 would also work fine me thinks)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pinch sugar
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 (6-ounce) block sushi-quality tuna
1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced


In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.



Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado ( we did not have one, so I did without it) and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.



Someone Take Him To English 101 Please...

From watertiger's place...

Try making sense of the lines below..

"The problem is we get oil from some parts of the world and they simply don't like us," Bush said. "And so the more dependent we are on that type of energy, the less likely it will be that we are able to compete, and so people have good, high-paying jobs."

That is our preznit at work.. dumbing all of us down.
HUH?
Kids Do The Most Amazingly Cute Things!


Wakey Wakey Kitty!!!

12 comments:

Teri said...

THat tuna DOEs look good.

The kid licking the pig cracked me up and grossed me out at the same time.

Teri said...

I apparently need English 101, too. Capitalization, what's that?

starry nights said...

That tuna dish looks good.and the pic of the kid kissing the pig was even cuter.

Aditi said...

I read that comment a few times.. and then gave up

Keshi said...

I want that Tuna for dina...

Keshi.

M (tread softly upon) said...

Hey.....we had pan seared tuna for dinner last night! And it was quite delicious too.

Cacophoenix said...

And they test us in exams like TOEFL, and GRE and what not. Sheesh!

Mr. J said...

Eagerly awaiting for that cooked Tuna to be sent to me.

karmic_jay said...

@Teri..lol.

@Starry .. thanks.

@Aditi.. Join the gang.

@keshi.. Sure c'mon over!

@M.. Can I have a recipe?

@Cacophoenix... Yup

@Me.. what's the address?

Mr. J said...

You kidding right? I mean, are you really serious?

ishita said...

lol...shudn't get here @ dinner time...m hungryyy...so rushiinggg thru this comment!

the pic...of d kid kissin d pig had Vedant askin me if he cld kiss one too! hmmmmmm!!!:D

karmic_jay said...

@Ishita..lol