Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Some Wednesday Thoughts...

  • I had an MRI on my knee. Man those machines are loud. Even with the headphones piping in sleepy elevator music. I asked the nice technician who was administering the test if I could listen to something like the National Public Radio. No go.. apparently the only radio that gets thru the lead lined walls of the MRI room was some 99. something. I had a CT scan on my brain (yes I have a bone the evidence was pretty clear) a few years back and that CT scan machine can be a claustrophobic place to be in. I had not idea how much till I was in one.
  • I had a cavity on a wisdom tooth, and as the dentist was drilling in to it in the process of cleaning it out.. guess what comes on the radio B...B...B..Badd To The Bone.. a blues-influenced rock song by George Thorogood and the Destroyers. It was released in 1981 on the album of the same name. It was an early hit thanks to its memorable video on MTV, which was in its infancy and had very few titles. Almost any video played at that time became a hit because there were so few videos to be played and the medium so new (from wikipedia here). Was funny listening to the the song while the dental drill did it's thing my feet were tapping while I was in the chair.
  • The top democrat on the House Intelligence commitee calls for the release of the second NIE on Iraq. Yes there is a second NIE which is supposedly more worse if not as worse than the one that is currently in the news. From TPM ...

    There's a second damning Iraq report floating around the intelligence community.

    At least, that's according to Rep. Jane Harman (CA), the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee. At an event this morning, Harman disclosed the existence of a classified intelligence community report that gives a grim assessment of the situation in Iraq, and called for it to be shared with the American public -- before the November elections

    Whats the chance that will happen? Oh and Bush is gonna play host to Presidents Karzai and Musharraf? I would love to be a fly on the wall for one of those. The two don't like each other and Bush and diplomacy don't exactly go together.
  • The world condensed to a mere 100 people..what would that look like? It really made me aware about how fortunate some of us really are, and makes me want to do more to make this world a better place. Did you know that....If you put your food in a refrigerator, your clothes in a closet, if you have a bed to sleep in and you have a roof over your head you are richer than 75% of the world population. The link to the video is here and you can play it below too.
  • The Ride..

23 comments:

moegirl said...

Wow. Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am to have a roof over my head, food and clean water. So many don't.

Eli said...

I had an MRI on my knee. Man those machines are loud.

Try having one done on your head. Oy.

Keshi said...

MRI on ur knee...well I need one on my brain. lol!

Im richer than 75% of the world? WOW how fortunate! Yeah we hadrly think that way.

LOL @last pic! SO CUTE.


Keshi.

Aditi said...

That video was interesting to say the least. richer then 75% of the world. That really puts things into perspective.
I hope the knee is ok

chandni said...

the recent visit to a rural area near chennai made me realise how much for granted I take things like electricity and water....

Its true...we should be counting our blessings...

John said...

Wooowww... that video sure is something. What's up with those scans?? All ok?

Sanjay said...

@Moegirl.. Evry time I visit India, I am reminded about how fortunate a lot of us are.

@Eli..Yup they are loud!

@keshi.. You don't need one you are fine. :)

@Aditi.. Thanks results in 3 days. We will see how it goes.

@Chandni.. yup. I rememebered your post.

@John.. It's just the knee. We will see how that goes.

Ash said...

Hope you knee is okay now. Hurts a lot ?

Love the last picture :-)

Sanjay said...

@Ash.. There is still swellign and I have protective sleeve on. I walk with a limp and take stairs very carefully, other than that it's ok. Thanks

Maggie said...

Dude, you gotta stay away from medical facilities! Scans, MRI's and drills, oh my. Anyhow, hope the knee and tooth are doing well.

Thinking about the differences in our life and the other 75% shames me for moaning about my husband having to work late. Naughty blogger.

Sanjay said...

@Maggie. I try my best, the whole obsession with staying in shape means I have been running regularly for about 12 yrs now and have cut down with age mostly to preserve my knees.
Oh well it's just a strain hopefully.

moaning about my husband having to work late
soemthings are worth moaning about. ;)

starry nights said...

I have had a couple MRI's on my back and know what you mean.BTW what happenend? playing football?.

Well its nice to know that I am richer than 75% of the world.

Intern said...

The RIDE photo is superb!!

And YES - "THE DINNER" .... between the threeshould have been quite interesting ... got to tune in for the news.

What's this MRI about ... hurt your knees?

Sanjay said...

@Starry.. Nope. No football cos of past injury to my right knee. This might have happened during weight training or my jog. Nothing specific that I can recall. It's just age .. Oy!

M (tread softly upon) said...

What's up with your knee and head? Are you okay?

Sanjay said...

@M... My head needs an examination.. but seriously
The head scan was for a concussion a few yrs back. It was just in association with the ntoe about these noisy scan machines.

The knee could be a bad sprain or a ligament tear (scan results are not in yet). Thanks for asking though.

Id it is said...

MRI on a knee...I hope all is well.
I wasn't able to access your blog all of last week. Was there a reason?

Sanjay said...

@Id it is. .. I hope it is only a ligament strain and not a tear. I won't know till Monday. But it seems to be improving slowly. As for not being abel to access my blog last week. Pretty strange. I don't know if it had anything to do with blogger? Others were able to access and I do have posts too. :-/

spocko said...

When I had knee surgery I wanted to stay awake and watch during it and they let me. Very cool.
"What are you doing now?"

One thing you don't want to hear when you are awake during surgery.

"Opps."

"OPPS? OPPPS! What do you mean OPPS! What the hell did you just do?"

"Now calm down, luckily the human body has two of lots of organs, you'll be just fine with one."

Sanjay said...

@Spocko..lol.
"Now calm down, luckily the human body has two of lots of organs, you'll be just fine with one."

Man need two healthy knees though.
It's actually not too bad now, seems to be improving so it may just be a bad sprain. We'll see.

oldwhitelady said...

If you put your food in a refrigerator, your clothes in a closet, if you have a bed to sleep in and you have a roof over your head you are richer than 75% of the world population.

It sure puts things into perspective. I guess I'd better go to work happier!

Keshi said...

Im glad u said that Jay!! :)

Keshi.

Sanjay said...

@oldwhitelady :)

@Keshi.. sure thing :)