Thursday, October 12, 2006

One Of Those Days..

Was a pretty busy day yesterday. I had to do the long drive in to work due to my physical therapy appointment and the meetings at work were all running longer than scheduled.
The rain on the drive back home caused the traffic to all slow down and I could barely change and haul my ass over to the physical therapy place.
The physical therapy thing itself might make a post. Heh! It's not bad I guess when you are a fairly active person in decent shape. All that bending and stretching and strengthening has not left me sore..yet.

25 Signs That, Sadly, You've Grown Up
1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook up and break up.

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You're the one calling the police because those damn kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your payments go up.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonalds leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle your stomach.

19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff".

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to
you and can't find one to save Your sorry old ass.

If Dear Leader Were A Conscientious Objector


27 comments:

MellowDrama said...

haha..do you trawl the net looking for cool stuff, how do you manage it btw work and home et all:) Anyway your blog always cheers me up...'tis like an anti-depressant minus the nasty side effects

Aditi said...

good stuff.. unfortunately i will admit i did always know the time taco bell etc closed all over the city

Sanjay said...

Mellow.. I have a couple of sites and rss feeds that help me find stuff. I don't know how I manage it b/t work my long commute and home. Thks for your kind words.

@Aditi :)

Appu said...

yeah, i realise how many of them were true in my case. u give me a sense of growing old, but thats okay, thats the way it is.
the only thing thats different, is my fridge still maintains its stock of beer (even if there is no food). *Cheeky grin*. Good blog, i loved the title.

starry nights said...

Loved this post. I think I am old sanjay, could relate to quite a few of those .thanks for making me smile:) have a nice day.

priya said...

You definitely have that energy and made me laugh.

Enjoy reading your posts and the twin bed oh boy!!! cudn't stop laughing and u r right. Know wat asians are perfect for twin bed thou!!!!

John said...

Ohkay.. I'm not old yet. Physical therapist?? All ok?

And dude, did you realize that this is the first time you mentioned something even remotely related to getting old?

Now this makes me feel awkward calling you 'dude' uuuhhhhh :s

Sanjay said...

@Appu.lol. thanks for stopping by.

@Starry.. Well I am "old" too. Have a good one. :)

@Priya.. Thanks. Yep Asians usually tend to have smaller frames. However having said that twin beds will be an issue if that start getting obese like some of my country men and women here, and I believe that is already happening. :)

@John. Torn ACL here so that explains the PT. Might do a post about it. Also feel free to call me whatever you like.

Maggie said...

Seriously, that picture at the end redeemed you there. Cause I was gettin' all down with that damned list and so many things applying to me...well at least I'm hardly ever in elevators.

Sanjay said...

lol@Maggie.. Lucky me. I figured the pic would help. Yup a ot of those things apply to me too.

chandni said...

good work there :)

Don't forget using the toilet cleaner liquid aka harpic!

At least in India...sigh!

Shankari said...

LOl! That was hilarious...

Intern said...

hey sanjay, i tried posting comment about a dozen times in the morning coudnt get through. Hope this one reaches ...

The Signs of grown up ... had me cracking up! It is so funny ... most apply to me.

I even wrote an email to you... hope you received.

Sanjay said...

lol@Chandni..

@Shankari.. Thanks

@Intern. Not sure why you could not comment. I can only check g-mail at home. It is blocked at work :-/

Shitrint said...

ewww...that last pic! well twas actually funny in a way!
Lol

yeah agreed with some points abt the "signs u've grown up". it proved that im still a kid!
:P

tho i didnt understand the 'twin bed' and 'sex' connection...

meno said...

Oh, that list is painful to read. But i'll never give in to the Weather Channel, never!

Sanyogita said...

I stopped reading the list mid-way when I realized that all the things apply to me. I was feeling a little upset about it till I saw the photograph!

Sai said...

I love W's photo! The list is sad but so true....boo hoo.

Id it is said...

I can relate to many of those , but I can't bear to see that as translating to "I am old", hehe

Keshi said...

***You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.


LOL thats sad mate.


Keshi.

Sanjay said...

@shitrint.. It could be due the fact that people get bigger and fatter and then a twin bed is not enough.

@meno :) thanks for stopping by. I have given in to the local forecast part of the WC.

@sanyogita..thanks for stopping by.A lot of those apply to me too but hey that's life.

@Sai..Awww..

@Id..One is never old :)

@Keshi .. You think that applies to me?

Sanjay said...

@Sanyogita.. Do you have a blog by any chance?

Eli said...

Taco Bell closes?

moegirl said...

The list made me sad! I'm old.

Sanjay said...

@eli.. Taco Bells are open 24x7?

@Moe.. Aww, we all have company.

oldwhitelady said...

Well, after reading those 25 signs that I'm old, I'm depressed! I guess that's okay... at least I was able to remember some of the good parts, like this one:22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."

Prometheus_Unbound said...

Now I know that I have grown up.

Wish the myth/ self delusion wasn't shattered so easily.