Thursday, November 30, 2006

Distraction.. Cojones..

At work we get to use the AOL’s instant messenger. It’s the preferred way to communicate with colleagues scattered around this site and at others in the US if you don't want to call or e-mail. Most of the times the client window just sits in the upper right corner of my screen. Just below the window frame they have a little window with ads that change every once in a while. Most of the times I pay no attention to the ads. But yesterday that radar that guys have built in to their system that detects anything feminine just kept chirping. For, resting in that little ad window in AOL were these pretty young women beckoning me to find true love.





Of course they have to be pretty and the ad served it’s purpose (sort of) in that it got my attention. I did not click on it for I am not looking for love and that web filters at work do a pretty good job of blocking dating sites.

They were just a distracting enough for me to notice that there were only 2 femmes.
Why am I writing this? Cos I know my readers so totally care about the life of this denizen of cube city ;-). That and I got nothing!

Oh and when I was driving home I saw this truck in front of me and it had a sign with a URL. I thought it said "www.purplechickpickup.org". I perked up and looked again ...it actually said.. www.purpleheartpickup.org. I banged my head against the steering wheel. Something about the day or maybe it was me.

A Guy With Cojones.. (link)
The White House invited newly elected Senate and House members to a “private reception” after the election, and George W. Bush really charmed Jim Webb. According to The Hill, Bush asked Webb how his son was doing in Iraq; Jimmy Webb Jr. is serving in the Marine Corps. Senator-elect Webb said he’d like to see his son get home safely. “I didn’t ask you that,” Bush shot back. “I asked how he’s doing.”

Sources tell The Hill that Webb was so furious he could barely keep himself from slugging Dubya in the face, but he bravely made it through the dinner without violence. Webb’s office will only say that he had a “private conversation” with Bush.

“That’s between me and my boy, Mr. President,” Webb said coldly, ending the conversation on the State Floor of the East Wing of the White House.
2007 is going to be awesome.
Ya know what would have been fun? From a comment at wonkette..
The only way that would have been better would have been if Webb asked how the Bush daughters were enjoying their South American vacation while his son was risking his life for their father.

20 comments:

deepsat said...

looks like your inner conscience was looking for LOVE all the way!! LOL!!


words are too less to describe dubya!! this is one place where fists shud rage!!

;-))

Sanjay said...

My inner conscience is a scary one ;)
Dubya he of the reverse midas touch!

Diana said...

It should be an awesome year in Washington, indeed!

jason said...

Sources tell The Hill that Webb was so furious he could barely keep himself from slugging Dubya in the face, but he bravely made it through the dinner without violence.

I like to think that a punch in the face would be a kind of wake up call for Bush - but I kind of doubt it.

priya said...

That was real fun sanjay with chick and heart. Well sometimes, what we hav ein mind just pops out and it may look different for us outside.

Sai said...

well as a denizen of cube world myself, albeit at a corner, I hear you! I have a large window but it faces a cemetary. So I either look at a blank wall or tombstones! I wouldn't mind a window on my computer chirping with images of hunky men. Of course I am not looking for love either but some eye candy could definitely make me smile :-)

Maggie said...

Wow, I think that man has a motor on his mouth that his brain can't regulate. Otherwise, he's just plain insensitive and rude (aka an a**) but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and chock it up to completel ignorance...sadly.

Sanjay said...

@Diana.. Yes it will be if the Dems stand up for what they believe in.

@Jason.. I think dear leader is beyond help.

@Priya yes..scary eh?

@Sai.. Oy! Eye candy is good.

@Maggie.. The joke is upon us esp those that voted for him.

intern said...

LOL!!!
"purplechickpickup.org" - Thats FUNNY!!!

Gosh it's nice to read your blog early morning!!!

and sanjay, thanks for your comments. I sincerely appreciate ...

Sanjay said...

@Intern.. happy to be of any assistance.

Nancy Willing said...

Someone on Escaton said it better than Wonkette along the lines of

So George, when are you going to go get your sluts back out of Agentina?

Sanjay said...

@Nancy.. Ouch.

Shionge said...

Love beckoning Sanjay ;) I know how tempting and disrupting all these ads are.

I think Bush needs a wake-up call.

Aditi said...

haha..that is hilarious..such a guy thing

Keshi said...

ok Sanjay do tell me what 'purplechickpickup' would mean to u if it was a real site? LOL!

Keshi.

ishita said...

oh...i had such a laugh readin the first part of this post...purplechickpickup...now that's gonna make me chuckle thru d day!!! and plz answer kesh's ques...coz that wz exactly wat i wz thinkin abt!!!

Viewer said...

LOL :) Lets jus blame it on the day sanjay ;)

Ameet said...

Amen - to that last comment.

Sanjay said...

Hmm..if there were a real site? I am not really in to "purple" chicks unless they look like the Rebecca Romjin from X-men, who is the closest purple chick I can think of. ;-)

Ash said...

:-)