Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random Stuff...

These are stories as told by travel agents

A woman called to make reservations, "I want to go from Chicago to Hippopotamus, New York" The agent was at a loss for words. Finally, the agent: "Are you sure that's the name of the town?" "Yes, what flights do you have?" replied the customer. After some searching, the agent came back with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere." The customer retorted, "Oh don't be silly. Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The agent scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, "You don't mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"

A woman called and said, "I need to fly to Pepsi-cola on one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly to Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yeah, whatever."

A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to who?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and I'm overweight, is there any connection?" After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into it" (I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the city code for Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

Some Irony Filled Quotations..


"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us."
--Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
--David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible."
--A Yale University management professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
--H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper."
--Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."

"A cookie store is a bad idea. Besides, the market research reports say America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make."
--Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
--Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
--Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Some Cool Ads...

Braun Shavers



Perrier Ad


I found most of the above here

Teh Cuteness!!!!

19 comments:

Keshi said...

**That's it! I knew it was a big animal!"

LOL hahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaahahahaha!

Mannnnn I cant stop laughing here ROFL!
:):)
Keshi.

deepsat said...

LOL!!! thats quite funny!!!

Nice ad pics too!!!

;-))

Sanjay said...

Thanks ppl!

Astral said...

i loved the pepsi-cola one!!!

Maggie said...

Next time I fly I'm going to try to get one of those computer planes - sounds like fun!

Intern said...

Gosh! you had me in splits ... hippopotamus for Buffalo, pepsicola for pensacola
fat for fresco!!!

That was awefully funny!!!

cute kitten is really cute.
thanks for all the laughter early morning!!!

Diana said...

I'd imagine Fresno airport gets that on a fairly regular basis. Good ones.

Donviti said...

very good stuff. I like the Yale quote. How fitting...only in Academia

Shitrint said...

aww those two kittens were sooo cute!
phunny accounts of those women wanting to go to their phunnierly-named destinations!
:D
tho i didnt understand the beard wala advertisement! :(

Mona Buonanotte said...

I actually had some pretty thoughtful and intelligent things to say, and then those two kitties caught my eye and now I'm a mushy ball of girl-ness screaming "KITTIES!!!"

Ahem. I'll grow up later.

Sanjay said...

@Astral.. There are more watch this space in the future. :)

@Maggie.. yes it does.

@Intern...Welcome.

@Diana.. Thanks. Maybe there is a world of funny acronyms out there.

@Donviti.. Thanks

@Shitrint.. The beard ad is a funny take on the braun shaver.

@Mona... Aww

Aditi said...

all hilarious

Dan said...

Funny crap dude!

I just got back from L.A. and the "LAX" on my bag would have been quite telling had it been a personal characteristic! ;)

Nancy Willing said...

As a psychology student this mental phenomenon is aways neat to work with.

It is a trick of the brain that helps us "complete a picture".

This gives us a perceptual gap that allows us to be fooled by magic, illusion etc..

Sai said...

I loved all the irony filled quotations! As always entertaining post.

Teri said...

Good Ones!

oldwhitelady said...

Aw! What cute little baby kitties.
I can sympathize with the woman who had the FAT tag on her luggage. Mine would probably say the same thing. *sigh*

Nancy Willing said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20061121/sc_livescience/studyrevealshowmagicworks

as luck wuould have it, this article just appeared out of no where!!!

Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20061121/sc_livescience/studyrevealshowmagicworks