Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Post..

I am gonna get this done just barely.. I am just too tired and running on fumes and it is only Thursday evening. You might see this post published Friday morning at 4 am, but I usually type it up the night before. So there is not a lot here today (well there is not much here anyways) :-)

A Salute To The Amazing Asha Of Foodie's Hope...

I think I found her blog after she left a comment on mine. And I looked her blog up. She had me with her first recipe that I saw on her blog (speaking in a epicurean way that is). So I along with others are her fans. The pictures and recipes are always great and they are not restricted to just Indian food. Her talent and love of cooking permeate her blog. Anali's first amendment came up with this idea to honor her with a blog button but it really is more than that. So I am proud to say that I am a member of the foodie's fan club and I salute her with this lovely glass of Pinot Noir that I am having now..


Go read her blog if you have't you won't regret it..
And Anali says it better ...
As faithful readers of your blog, we have all come to admire and appreciate your posts - the stories you share, the photos, and the recipes. Oh those recipes! You are an amazing writer, photographer, and cook. I think we all want to come to your house for a meal! And even though most of us have never actually met you, there is a genuine warmth, kindness, and sincerity to your posts and comments back to us that makes us all feel appreciated and welcomed.
It's Friday So Must Be Time For A Friday Word.. It's "Dark" as per the amazing Mona..

But I have nothing, maybe inspiration will strike me on Friday after a good night's sleep. But do go read her, she always writes well as does Maggie.

I Salute These Two Women..

From the BBC...
An Indian tribe has given its consent to a lesbian 'marriage' in the eastern Indian state of Orissa.

A priest belonging to the Kandha tribe led the ceremony between Wetka Polang, 30, and Melka Nilsa, 22, in Koraput district recently.

Both the women are day labourers and now live together in Dandabadi village.

Same-sex relationships are outlawed in India. The 145-year-old colonial Indian Penal Code clearly describes a same sex relationship as an "unnatural offence".

Sociologists say that a community blessing a same-sex 'marriage' is unheard of in India.

It was not easy for Wetka and Melka to convince their tribe that they wanted to get married and live together - the local community at first fiercely protested at the idea.

The two women then eloped to another village to escape the wrath of their neighbours.
........

Both the women have had unhappy experiences with men in the past.

Wetka says she walked out of her marriage to an alcoholic after years of abuse.

Melka's family had arranged her marriage with another local man much against her wishes - she managed to break the engagement by telling the man's family that he was mentally "not normal".

The two women now hope to extend their family by adopting the son of Wetka's elder brother.
Late Night Funnies..

"It is in book form and entitled, 'The Way Forward -- A New Approach,' a stark contrast from the book Bush had been operating from, 'Deeper and Deeper into the Hole That I Myself Have Dug.'" --Jon Stewart, on the Iraq Study Group report.

"I don't think President Bush understands these things. When they told President Bush that Dick Cheney's gay daughter was pregnant, he said, 'It's a Christmas miracle.'" --Jay Leno.

"A lot of talk today about Vice President Cheney's lesbian daughter, Mary, who according to the Washington Post's 'Reliable Source' is pregnant. Now, for legal reasons I'm not supposed to say anything too definite about this matter, so I'll just say this: Not too long ago, we may or may not have received a special rush order for a vial of Stephen Colbert's Formula 401." --Stephen Colbert.

"According to a new study, children figure out the truth about Santa Claus between the ages of three and six. Although the study says that the age is much later for some U.S. presidents." --Conan O'Brien.

Some Cab Eh?



Cheers!

Thats me with my glass of Pinot Noir Just After I Finished My Post (My canine form that is ;-))

14 comments:

Astral said...

me first!! i hope so....

you always have so many things to write about, thats so great! i always think of 10 things at least each day to blog abt n finally end up writing only abt 1 :)

happy weekend...

Sanjay said...

Thanks Astral.. You have a great weekend too!

Diana said...

Asha does have a lovely, lovely blog. Now I'm all hungry.

Sai said...

About Asha, I would like to say that she has a very warm personality as well!

Bravo to the women from Orissa! I had seen this film "Fire" by Deepa Mehta before Shiv Sena banned it. It deal with the same issue of two women who are hurt so much by men and are emotionally bound to each other.

Asha said...

DANG IT Sanjay!!!!You are all making me run and hide somewhere!:)Thank you darling Sanjay and Anali too for so much attention poured on a humble foodie!!I really appreciate it and cheers buddy!

Have a great weekend and eat lot of Stuffed Mirchi and salted nuts with your wine;D

Aditi said...

i have recently been visiting that blog myself..
I'd say good for those girls, what tribals in orissa hve realized its about time the civilized world did too..
and that cab was crazy!!

Anali said...

Hi Sanjay! Cool blog! It's really jam packed with great information. I love the picture and the line about Asha that she had you with her first recipe! : )

Maggie said...

As a lover of food and cooking, I am now obligated to go to this blog. But am sooo excited about the obligation.

That picture almost makes me want a dog...almost. If I weren't changing so many diapers per day, I might want to take on another creature's poop.

The story of the two women is beautiful. I was touched.

Btw, thanks for the endorsement there. I blushed at that one.

priya said...

Sanjay: I am quite regular at asha's blog coz the information she gives is very useful and easy to make. The basic info' is very important for someone like me who likes to cook something new. Thanks to asha for her tremendous work and all her blog buddies who made it special on her anniversary.

Carrie said...

I don't know how you do it either. You come up with so many interesting things to talk about. It mus be about research. I don't do enough research.

Ash said...

I only very recently discovered Asha's blog. Its lovely!

Kudos to Wetka and Melka. Takes immense courage to what they did!

Crazy cab that!

Intern said...

I am soooooooooooo waiting for the details on Cheney's daughters pregnancy!!!! Nothing as yet!!!

Gosh, I love it the way she has stood up with whatever she believes ...
I miss Bill Maher ... he's my fav comedian ... and I love comedy talk shows!

have a Great weekend!

starry nights said...

I love Asha's blog also.Always interesting and something new.I have to agree with Anali.

tpraja said...

Have you seen the new India search engine www.ByIndia.com they added all the cool features of popular products like MySpace, YouTube, Ebay, Craigslist, etc. all for free to use and specifically for India. Anyone else try this yet?

ByIndia.com First to Blend Search, Social Network, Video Sharing and Auctions Into One Seamless Product for Indian Internet Users.