Movies..Things You May Not Know... Male Or Female?
Been on a movie watching binge lately. I want to write a review or two but have not had a chance and am not sure anyone cares.
Saw Superman Returns .. It is an ok movie. I liked it, glad to have seen it on DVD. I might have imagined it but the movie seemed to have this slight Christian thing to it, esp when Superman's father talks about sending his only son to save the earthlings. Sounds familiar?
After I finished this joined *A* to watch Gosford Park again. We loved the movie esp the ensemble cast, well acted and those lovely long Robert Altman takes. It's a smart movie funny and a satirical comment on the zeitgeist at the tail end of the British empire. I have to see some more of his movies.
I also saw this quirky and funny Japanese movie Who's Camus Anyway about a group of Japanese students who are out to make a film. Reminded me a lot about my days at school, sort of carefree and yet insular. I might actually write a review about this. This is on Netflix and may even be at your local public library, which where we got it from.
On the train I am currently watching Clerks, Kevin Smith's first feature and probably his best. Profane and funny or as a reviewer at rottentomatoes put it "It comes from bad stock, curses like a longshoreman and doesn't bring a gift. Nevertheless, it's the life of the party."
I can't believe I haven't seen it till now.
At home with *A* past couple of days been watching National Treasure with Nicholas Cage. Some mindless entertainment is good once in a while I guess. 42% is the rating at rottentomatoes. This means of all the reviewers whose reviews are collated here on 42% found it good. A movie needs to be 60% or above to be qualified as fresh or good.
Things You May Or May Not Know
· Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks - otherwise it will digest itself.
· The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
· Every person has a unique tongue print as well as fingerprints.
· 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
· Most lipstick contains fish scales.
· Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear any pants. (heh!)
· Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood. (Now that we are at war we get tax cuts instead..cos 911 changed everything)
· There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos. (Gee no surprise there!)
· Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying! (I have to try that!)
· The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
· Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
· Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them. (Is this for real???)
Male Or Female..
From the folks at Moronland
You know things have genders too..
FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once turned off, it takes a while to warm them up again. They are an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can also wreak havoc if you push the wrong ones.
TYRES: Tyres are male, because they go bald easily and are often over-inflated.
HOT AIR BALLOONS: Also a male object, because to get them to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under them.
WEB PAGES: Female, because they're constantly being looked at and frequently getting hit on.
TRAINS: Definitely male, because they always use the same old lines for picking up people.
HAMMERS: Male, because in the last 5000 years, they've hardly changed at all, and are occasionally handy to have around.
THE REMOTE CONTROL: Female. You probably thought it would be male, but consider this: It easily gives a man pleasure, he'd be lost without it, and while he doesn't always know which buttons to push, he just keeps trying.