Thursday, January 25, 2007

All Over The Place...

Yep thats me. Its starting to be crazy busy at work and I sometimes may not have the the time to think about non-work things (like a blog post) or put much thought in to it. I guess that can serve as an excuse to do a post like the one here, all fluff and no substance.
I have substance? heh! ;-)

Funky USB Drives..

Most of you folks are probably familiar with the humble USB drive, sometimes called the thumb drive.
But hey who says USB drives have all got to look so boring and staid?









One can always have a bit of fun with them. Here are some that are pretty strange. More here.



This USB drive comes with the bible on it. The connector is hidden inside the bible so you have to use a little sliding switch before you can use it.The holy bible drive [davidsteele.com]



Jeremy Harrington is the man behind this really nice Star Wars Chewbacca USB drive. It’s not a geeky little Chewiw mimobot - this is the real thing!



A really weird little USB drive that has one thing that is really unique - it features moving parts. As soon as you plug the humping dog into your computer it starts humping it. The humping dog USB memory [digitalworldtokyo.com]

Turnstile Art..

This picture is taken by an artist as people went thru the turnstiles in NYC subways. The subjects were not aware they were being photographed. More at Bill Sullivans page here
I found these amazing.



Talking About New York...

From overheard in New York

Conductor: If you do not fit through the physics of the train, please step aside -- this train is not made of spandex.

--F train

Overheard by: BellaFrancine

Suit to female companion: You'll stick your tongue up my ass, but you won't share my toothbrush because of germs?!

--Renaissance Hotel, Times Square

Overheard by: Big Larry

Other Subway Hobos Can Smell That It's My Territory

Chick #1 grabbing a pole on crowded subway: Ew! This pole is wet!


Chick #2: Huh?


Male stranger: Yeah, I just finished licking it.

--N train

Overheard by: Pamela

Ewww indeed!


26 comments:

deepsat said...

of course u have substance!!!

those are some weird pen drives!! i am sure there are more ridiculous ones out!!

Loved that train conversations!! LOL!!!

;-))

Ash said...

I want a cool usb drive like these....mine seems so boring now :-)

Sai said...

Oh...you have substance!!!! LOL to the usb drives.

EWW to the subway and lobby conversations.

ML said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ML said...

Interesting USBs! I especially like the dog ones...haha!

The conversations are priceless. Thanks for the early morning laugh!

Intern said...

How do you manage to assort such cool stuff/ Impressive and fun reading!

Thanks for your comments and concerns. it means a lot to me.

Asha said...

WOW!! Those USBs!!:D:D

Sanjay said...

@Deepsat.. yup wierd indeed.

@Ash.. I felt the same way.

@Sai.. Thanks

@Ml. Made me laugh too.

@Intern.. Maybe I have a eye for the strange?

@Asha. You will not think of the USB the same way again. :)

Teri said...

I was going to tell you how much I need both the chewbaca and humping dog usb drives, but I got totally distracted by the overheard in ny portion of your post. EEEEWWWWWW!

meno said...

Fluff is okay too.

Think i might have to get a humping dog USB drive for the Mister. Think how impressed his friends will be.

The subway photos are surprisingly fascinating.

Maggie said...

I love those overheard quotes, they are always so fun.

Sanjay said...

@Teri.. Sowwy :-)

@Meno.. Go for it. I agree I found the subway pics very fascinating too.

Mona Buonanotte said...

The humping Dog! I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that first!

Amen on the work thing...some days I don't have time to eat, let alone blog. Why can't my boss see that?

beenzzz said...

I like the USB drives! People sure have some odd conversations. I would like to just sit and eaves drop on their conversations. :)

Sanjay said...

@Maggie. Yup there are tons more at that link.

@Mona. I hear ya on the work thing.

@Beenzz. Many more at the link to smile about or go ..ewww

Carrie said...

I've felt what you are feeling this week but yet I seem to come up with something.

I really would like a cute usb but I am cheap.

You make me scared of NY. I bet I would be culture shocked.

Lotus Reads said...

Fluff can be good!

I was fascinated with the turnstile art - maybe because "people watching" is a hobby with me. I'll have to visit Bill Sullivan's page after this.

And those overheard conversations and funky USB drives were fun too!

Happy Thursday, Sanjay!

Sanjay said...

Lotus..Happy Thursday to you as well. Yup people watching can be fun.

@Carrie. I don't how you manage to keep posting. As for NY I guess it can be a bit of a culture shock as would Oklahoma to some of us folks.

Fuzzylogic said...

What funky ideas for the USB:)I would like the Chewbacca one,I'm a star wars fan!Humping dog USB Lol!
Loved those subway pics,very creative.
ewwww about the conversations,I always wonder sometimes how much people unknowingly or knowingly divulge in their public conversations.Nevertheless entertaining to the fellow passengers I bet!

starry nights said...

Sanjay.there was a lot of substance , humor and quotes. all those different thumb drives the best.

listmaker said...

What interesting USBs. I haven't seen any of those yet, but we'll sure have fun with them when forgetful students leave them in the computers.

The overheard conversations always make me laugh and/or gross me out.

Aditi said...

oh my gawd...
the usb drives were innovative and hilarious... i like the dog one.. hehe entertainment.. while data is loaded. The bright side is that no one will know its a usb drive so u can transport secret documents in peace..lolz
the new york conversations were funny

Dan said...

Do you actually post to your blog from work? If so, then you've been lucky having the time to do so! Maybe I should send my resume to your company because I have been crazy busy for years now. And it's beginning to get to me.

Thank God tomorrow's Friday, huh?

priya said...

Loved those weird drives.

Orchid said...

Ewww!!

rayshma said...

strange as it may sound, i love collecting usb drives. and i loved ur post!
p.s.: dropped by 4 d first time... so, hi!