Monday, January 15, 2007

Blog Break?
(Update: Some of you thought I am on a break, but I am not. The 3 days I did not blog was my mini-break. I am back with my usual crap ;-))
I guess that is what one could call the mini – hiatus. Thursday evening I felt as if I had hit the proverbial wall. I was too tired to blog although I had a few thoughts floating in my head. While on Friday I read a lot of the blogs, I realized I was at a point where I probably needed a bit of a break.

Nothing big,, but several things competing for my time and with me always trying to pack in as much as I can. Well *A* had to work this Saturday and Sunday so I had to take care of some of the stuff around the house including the usual grocery and other shopping. Is Costco always crowded or what? And there was also playoff football, and since we are both ardent football fans we were both glued to the Teevee on Saturday and Sunday. Heck I did not even turn on my computer. And let me tell you that almost never happens.

I did manage to find out thanks to CNN, that there had been a “miracle in Missouri”. Now don’t get me wrong I am glad that they cops found the 2 missing kids, due to some sharp work on their part. But that was all CNN kept harping about. It’s like nothing else in the word mattered or nothing else was going on.

Educator-in Chief?
And then our joke of a president decided to grace us with more of his crap. This was on 60 minutes on CBS. While I did watch his speech last week, I was not gonna watch this interview again. But CBS, does have a transcript and here are some choice bits.


Not at all. I think, I think I'm proud of the efforts we did. Uh, we liberated
that country from a tyrant. Uh, I think the Iraqi people owe the, the American
people a huge debt of gratitude. That's the problem, here in America. They
wonder whether or not there is a gratitude level that's significant enough in
Iraq.

Ahh there it is you Iraqis, you should be more grateful to America for bombing your country to the stone age and helping foment a civil war. Guess what the power outages, general chaos, death squads, bombings..and all that? Fuggedaboutit! Show us some gratitude dammit!

Pelley: How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to
be against it?
Bush: Uh, I, uh, I'm going to have to keep explaining. That's
why I'm doing this interview with you. Uh, Scott, uh, sometimes you're the
commander-in-chief, sometimes you're the educator-in-chief, and a lot of times
you're both when it comes to war. (smile)

That’s right America, all we need is more explanation from the educator –in-chief. So you see it’s our fault that we don’t fall in line behind the “king”.

26 comments:

Ash said...

Enjoy your break....and please be back soon!!!

Lucia said...

Uh, if he's our, uh, Educator-in-Chief, uh, how come we don't get the, uh, truth?

This is really laughable. I would have missed it!

Sai said...

Well you deserve a break! Good to see you back though.

Eli said...

I got the impression that he was talking directly to his base of true believers, because he didn't say anything that anyone else would find remotely credible.

Be interesting to see what it does for his poll numbers.

Sanjay said...

@Ash.. I am back, that was my break (no posts for 3 days). :-)

@Lucia..you bet it's laughable.

@Sai. Thanks.

@Eli.. It won't make a difference to the numbers. I suspect tey may go a bit lower, but he always has the 20-25% of the true believers.

Mona Buonanotte said...

The teevee was screaming last night, "President Bush!...exclusive!...60 Minutes..."...and I just knew I couldn't sit through it without retching. Thanks for the recap...it's just what I thought it would be.

Shionge said...

Hiya Sanjay....just 'found' you and you're going for a short break *sniff*...>Waawahaha...don't be long ok?

Btw...did you manage to get the book I recommended? Can you email your address to me? Would love to grab one for you :D....my email shionge@hotmail.com

Rest well and see you soon.

Sanjay said...

@Mona, yep nothing new. I can usually watch him but in small doses with time in between.

@Shionge. I am not on a break. My e-mail addy is in my profile. I haven't had a chance to get that book yet.

Asha said...

Good for you Sanjay! Little Break is a great equalizer!
About the boys,I am so happy too.I had nightmares about losing Tushar after watching that.
Arvind lost him in FL theme park for 15mins ,Trisha started crying and found him in the gift shop.He gets lost every time(twice!) I leave him with his dad which is VERY rare,I never let him out of sight now.Lesson learned,never in Arvind's supervision ever again!:)

meno said...

1.) I kept hearing about how the boy's parents "breathed a sigh of relief." If my kid disappeared for 4 years i would be doing more than breathing a sigh of relief. I thought that was an odd phrase.

2.) I um, you know, like, really don't um, understand this ah man.

Beach Bum said...

I missed the 60 minutes interview and maybe it is just as well. Just watching his speech the other night was disturbing enough.
Despite what some of the right wing-nuts I work around might think I understand Sadddam was an evil man but the anarchy we have spawned in Iraq is an even bigger evil. Read a report sometime ago in which an Iraqi Christian longed for the days when he could walk down streets in Baghdad safely. Its safe to assume other people are wishing the samething.

Sanjay said...

@Asha.. Thanks. Oy @ Tushar getting lost temporarily! Glad ti worked out ok.

@Meno.. Yup that how he talks, some call it "plainspoken" ..others more unprintable stuff.

@Beachbum. I agree with what you are saying here. I recall reading that I think it was in the Times, Christians in Iraq wishing for the order of days bygone.
oy!

Mike Mahaffie said...

Indeed. I watched the Prez on 60 minutes and thought, "oh, dear god...."

On the other hand, the football games were pretty damn good, weren't they?

Sugarlips said...

Welcome back Sanjay :)

I think President Bush needs a break not you cuz we really don't understand his Uh's & ah's...His replies are so confusing when he interviews alone so are the expressions.

I'm glad both kids are back..Poor parents must've went through alot.

Stay Beautiful...!!

Diana said...

I heard part of the interview driving in to work, today, on NPR. Sadly, it sounded even worse than it read.

Sanjay said...

@Mike. Yes the football games were all very entertaining.

@Sugarlips..Bow to the leader?

@Diana.I heard parts of it too while driving in, its tough to hear him talk.

Fuzzylogic said...

I think everyone needs that mini hiatus once in a while,good you got yours.I take the weekends off from blogging because those two days I just want to do nothing but relax but its a different question whether I manage to do that(someday ,someday I want to spend a day doing nothing at all):)
About Bush the less said the better.He infuriates me everytime he appears on tv with his dumb speeches!

Something to Say said...

I am really down with the blues.... I think I'm going to read the whole transcript - that should snap me out of my blues....
After the loads of cribbing I did about - it not being cold - tomorrow its gonna get 7 deg F - praise the lord!!!

Lotus Reads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keshi said...

WB Sanjay I missed ya yday!

Keshi.

Lotus Reads said...

Oops, sorry about the previous incomplete comment - blogger was ready to publish even though I wasn't!

Was going to say, missed your posts, Sanjay, but yeah, we all need a break from blogging sometimes. I think I have one coming up real soon!

I don't know much about American football, but I religiously watch the Super Bowl for the ads.

Sanjay said...

@Fuzzylogic.. I know what you mean. Oh ya Bush apparently also said he is "open minded and flexible". Someone just shoot me!

@Something to say..I hope you get out of them soon and don't let the weather get to you.

@Keshi..Aww.thanks

@Lotus..Thanks, I love your blog too, and hope you can post more often. :)

Rose said...

We all tend to get blogger burn out. After being admin to a writing community for four years I get admin burn out from time to time. Glad to have you back as now I can get to know you.

deepsat said...

glad to see you back sanjay!

the 60 mins show..."Oh GAWD"!!!

;-))

Nabeel said...

hmm .. three days of not blogging is a break? hmmm .. I try to notice the schedule of bloggers .. they have posts almost everyday .. in my case.. i think every three days I have a new post.

Yes I heard about the two missing kids .. also from CNN

lalitha said...

Glad you are back after a mini break.I was thinking the same thing that CNN was only talking about the miracle in Missouri.I am happy they found the kids but that all there was all evening.