Five Things You Did Not Know About Me...
I am doing this based on a similar post by Rose. So here goes..
1. I have a slight bump of my forehead, it is hard to see. It is mostly scar tissue me thinks. No, I did not get it from bumping in to something cos I was distracted by a chica across my field of vision. It happened way back when I was in school. I was in science class and we were doing some chromatography experiments. We needed a particular grade of filter paper for it. I could not find it so one of the lab assistants told me to get it from a shelf that was about 3 feet above my head. I looked and there I saw the filters. As I proceeded to pull the box off, a part of me registered that it was too heavy. And before I knew it something heavy landed on my forehead and then glanced the bridge of my nose.
Folks it was the head (weighed a few pounds) of a centrifuge that someone had decide to store on top of the box where no one could see it. Of course there was shock and blood and a trip to the ER to get myself stiches. A few more inches and I would have had a broken nose. I still have a habit of touching the scar when I am in deep thought.
2. If I am sitting for a while say 30 mins in my chair and get up and walk around say to get to the printer or something, clicking sounds emanate from various parts of me. Mostly my ankles, feet and sometimes my knees. Daddy old joints I tell ya! I can hear them but they usually are gone by the time I have walked 10 steps or so. I wonder why no one at work as remarked about how I sound like a creaky old machine! ;)
3. I remember every woman that I ever have had a crush on since I discovered the amazing being that is a woman. I remember most of their names and faces from back then. I have no idea where most of them are, but there are times I have wondered about that. My first ever "crush" was this tall, lissome woman I used to see from our home on the 4 th floor in Bombay as she walked home from work after getting of the train near where we lived. For a while it became a routine to watch her. I still remember the first outfit I saw her in, black pants and a white and black striped top. I was like 10 0r 12 at that time. I can still recall this almost 3 decades later. Oy!
4. If you see the pic in my profile or the couple others I might have posted on this blog, you may or may not have noticed that I have pretty short hair. It has never been more than an inch long. That and I have had facial hair (a goatee) for most of my adult life. But there was a time when it was different, not so long ago when I was in NY, for a brief period I was clean shaven and had hair that was almost touching my shoulders. And the hair tended to curl once it grew. I have a couple of pics of that time, but I have to scan them in and I don't have a scanner. Oh well some day. I was surprised at how different I looked, *A* did not like that look, she said it made me look like way too young. Oh well.. someday I might get around to putting those pics up.
5. I am a registered organ donor. There is also a little sign on my drivers license, and that in the event something ever happened to me and I were to pass from the living, any organs I have that might be of use to the long waiting list of organ recipients are to be taken. I was thinking about what this 5th thing that you did not know about me was. And while looking around the web, I saw this ad here. So any of you who have held back from becoming an organ donor for whatever reason and may feel inclined to be one, it's pretty easy to do. You will most likely be able to register at your local department of motor vehicles.
This is an ad by the Thai red cross, pretty direct eh?
Toons From Bob Gieger's blog..