Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Yorker Cover..Illegal Brands...Undergarments Of A Different Kind
New Yorker Magazine Cover (Issue of 1-22-07)
Got this in the mail yesterday. The cover is by Anita Kunz.



Says it all eh?

Funny Illegal Brands... link
These are funny and sorta creative I guess. More at the link.







Underwear Of A Different Kind..
Warning: While there is no nudity in the link below, you may be better off clicking on the link while you are not at work.

This is from the blog of Amused and Bemused at the American Inventor Spot. A couple of samples...

Underwear With A GPS Tracker? (creepy eh?)


These "forget-me-not panties™ have built-in GPS and unique sensor technology. Merchant says:

"Ever worry about your wife cheating?
Want to know where your daughter is late at night?
Need to know when your girlfriend's temperature is rising?"

This amazing device will answer all of your questions! These panties can give you her location, and even her temperature and heart rate, and she will never even know it's there! Unlike the cumbersome and uncomfortable chastity belts of the past, these panties are 100% cotton, and use cutting-edge technology to help you protect what matters most." Underwear here and more to the story here).

BTW
..this one is a hoax, it was part of an online contest to see whose site generated the most traffic!




Trust The Japanese To Come Up With Something Like This Eh?



The "No! Shopping Bag Bra" is the inspiration of a eco-friendly company in Japan to address the problems of wasting plastic shopping bags.

When the bra is being worn, the “shopping bag” portions are folded away inside the bra cups, where they serve as extra padding. The bra quickly converts to a shopping bag by removing the bag portions from the cups and connecting the hooks on the bra’s underwire. The lace cups serve as decoration along with the shoulder straps, which are disconnected and tied to the top of the bag as ribbons. (Underwear here)

21 comments:

deepsat said...

LOL!!! creativity at its best!!! dunno whats next!!

;-))

Diana said...

Trying to transform the bag back into a seamless cup sounds enough to make you insane.

I'm guessing that it would find its way to the landfill even faster than the plastic bag, which would at least be pressed into service to carry the contents of the litter box or something.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Can that bra even be comfortable?

I love the GPS panties.... If I were ever to get a pair, I'd be stopping into bars and strip clubs just to mess with it....

Maggie said...

I don't get the practicality of a bra that you use as a shopping bag mainly because if you were wearing your bra when shopping you'd have to choose between wearing a bra or using the bag - duh. Besides, who wants to put their purchases in their underwear?

Mona, or you could wear it into a gym and get your heartrate up there. A sauna? Go jogging in it...endless possibilities for messing around.

Aditi said...

funky!!

meno said...

I wonder if i can get my cat to wear that underwear. I often wonder where the hell he is.

Great mag cover. Are those flames in the background?

priya said...

Sanjay: I wonder about these udnerwear blast. GPS panties hmm no wonder technology breaks in all parts.

Sanjay said...

@Deepsat..indeed!

@Diana.. Agreed, but being the Japanese I am sure they have a creative way there as well. Also having known some Japanese colleagues of *A*'s and an article in one of the Sunday Times, they are amazingly religious about recycling esp given their tiny nation.

@Mona.. Good question. Now you wearing those to the places would mention might drive Sergei nuts. ;)

@Maggie.. Agreed about putting purchases in to a bad made from their underwear. lol @ your ideas about using these.

@Aditi.. Yep!

@Meno..lol. yes those are flames in the cover of the New Yorker.

@Priya.. Creative ways eh?

Sugarlips said...

Hahahaha..GPS sounds really cool.
Grocery is worn bras? Yuck !!

Funny funny post :)

Stay Beautiful...!!

Carrie said...

Oh Dubya! Why must we have to look at your face?

This is the second time that I have got taken in by the GPS tracker. One friend of mine was telling a story about how her sons shirt had one and she found out he was skipping school. Ended up being a dream.

Rose said...

As if I'm going to pull a bag out of my bra. lol

Something to Say said...

Shopping bag WHAT??!!
What awesome creativity! That is all we women needed....

Sai said...

LOL...As always your post brightened up my evening!

Sai said...

BTW how funny are the GPS panties???

What if there were an alarm attached when the wearer went to certain places like say a strip club it would set off! LOL

Fuzzylogic said...

You find the most interesting ads:)This post truly made me laugh.Dubya pic did spoil the effect though,I can't stand that man nowadays!

Lotus Reads said...

LOL@ the GPS panties and the shopping bra!

I love the New Yorker by the way. It's not often I get to buy the magazine but they do have some wonderful writers and I love their book reviews and fiction features. This week features Israeli writer Amos Oz I think, I wonder if I'll be so lucky to find his short story online.

Thanks for a great post, Sanjay!

Dan said...

Jay, these are really pretty pictures you have here.

I may never get to the words. I don't mind. :)

iz said...

I would like to see tracking undies for men. What sexism I say!

Intern said...

Very very funny !!!

My two reactions:
[1] i love the clever ingenious ideas some people come up with. Makes me chuckle!!!
[2] I realize I'm really a simpleton, I dont need so many things that I see ...

Nancy Willing said...

ok, this has some items that must have taken you all night to find!

Nabeel said...

hmm @ brands .. dang .. i bet people still buy 'em out of error.