Friday, January 26, 2007

Wheee.. It's Friday!

Which means it's time for the Friday poetry word

As Mona decreed 'tis "pitch". The idea being if you choose to participate you use the word in some form in your Friday post in the form of a story, a picture or a poem or anything else. I intended to participate as I had missed the last two weeks. My reason being " I am too tired!"
Get a hold on yourself fella.. you ain't folding so easy this time!
That was my inner voice.. one of many..bet you had no idea eh? ;)
To make the process more fun, it was so cold that the friggin overhead cable for the train snapped (so they said), delaying me by another 40 mins at the end of a longer than normal day.
So by the time I got home it was almost 8 pm. So I am like how am I gonna get a post about the Friday word written.
Well nothing that a nice glass of Shiraz won' fix right?
So I present to you this little ..err ....

Enveloped in darkness

Mind racing

Sleep a stranger

I barely heard the low pitch

Of her flux

But in the barren confines of my mind

Her coming to me was like the slowly growing roar

Of an oncoming train

It was like clockwork

Never to be missed...

She was... my innermost fear

Pitching a stake thru me...yet again.


On A Lighter Note..

Funny Air Traffic Controller Conversations.. link

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down.

San Jose Tower Noted:
"American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."

A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich , overheard the following:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany . Why must I speak English?"
Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"

A Collection of Fabulous Come-Back Lines link

Man 'So what do you do for a living?'
Woman 'Female impersonator.'

After hearing a pick-up line:
Woman 'I like your approach, now let's see your departure.'

Man 'Hey, baby, if you come home with me, I can show you a really good time.'
Woman 'You know what your problem is? Your mouth is writing checks that your body can't cash.'

Man 'You know, I'd really love to travel to exotic places with you.'
Woman (tries to ignore him)
Man 'You know what? I also love sex. What do you say to that?'
Woman 'Hmmm...you really love sex and travel?'
Man (nods his head smiling)
Woman 'Then go take a effin' hike!!!'

This beauty from David Letterman...
"President Bush now has the lowest presidential approval rating since Richard Nixon. Now, here's another coincidence. Nixon had a dog named 'Checkers.' Bush plays checkers with his dog"

Thats Access For The Handicapped?

18 comments:

Aditi said...

beautifully written poem..pitch.. i loved the overheard conversations...

Aditi said...

ooh and i am first
=)

Sanjay said...

@Aditi. :) Thanks. I am nto sure what I was writing though.

Lucia said...

It doesn't matter if you know what you're writing. The important part is that you went with it, and out came a beautiful poem.

That handicapped bathroom pic made me laugh so hard.

Sai said...

Beautiful poem!!!

LOL to the comebacks! As always made me smile!

Fuzzylogic said...

Wow Sanjay,you were hit by the poetic inspiration,that was a nice pitch:)
Lol about the witty come back liners,loved them:)
That handicap access pic was too funny,how I mean how is that supposed to be helping the disabled!!

Lotus Reads said...

Hey Sanjay!

You did a really neat job with the word pitch, loved it, truly!

The comebacks never fail to make me smile..love the Letterman quote too! lol

Sanjay said...

Thanks folks .. you are wayyy too kind.
Now I can't let this go to my head!

Mona Buonanotte said...

I'd love to hear more about that woman in your 'pitch' poem! If she exists, of course.

"Female impersonator"...I'll use that one next time!

ML said...

Great poem. Loved the comebacks!

Sanjay said...

@Mona..She is a figment of my harried imagination.

@ML..Thanks

Maggie said...

Nice poem Sanjay, I like "I barely heard the low pitch of her flux"

That picture is wack - how in the heck does anyone use that window/door?

beenzzz said...

Your poem was beautiful! You have a real talent there!!! That photo cracked me up. I'm not sure that was the politically correct thing to do, but I laughed anyhow. :)

priya said...

Very funny with language translation. Your poem is cool and you always have a nack to come with soemthign different. Good ones asusual.

Orchid said...

Me and poetry...well let's just say I don't get it...neither can I write nor can I comeprehend..but I have to say that was good, really!

The comeback lines were a roar too!
and the picture...are you serious, that's not a fabricated image?? LOL....looks like friday is going to be fun after all, thanks!

Carrie said...

I love the poem and the funnies sure were great today. I wish you would have said something about your trip. I'm so excited about it.

strings said...

Lame duck decider
Sacrificing others' lives
A cowardly pitch

starry nights said...

Loved that poem.awesome.