Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Musings.
From Newsweek..
I Have Had My Differences With Members of the Press. But it's Nothing That Burying them Under Tons of Earth Won't Solve.. link

Contributed by Holly Bailey - Posted: January 30, 2007 2:10:10 PM
Does President Bush have it in for the press corps? Touring a Caterpillar factory in Peoria, Ill., the Commander in Chief got behind the wheel of a giant tractor and played chicken with a few wayward reporters. Wearing a pair of stylish safety glasses--at least more stylish than most safety glasses--Bush got a mini-tour of the factory before delivering remarks on the economy. "I would suggest moving back," Bush said as he climbed into the cab of a massive D-10 tractor. "I'm about to crank this sucker up." As the engine roared to life, White House staffers tried to steer the press corps to safety, but when the tractor lurched forward, they too were forced to scramble for safety."Get out of the way!" a news photographer yelled. "I think he might run us over!" said another. White House aides tried to herd the reporters the right way without getting run over themselves. Even the Secret Service got involved, as one agent began yelling at reporters to get clear of the tractor. Watching the chaos below, Bush looked out the tractor's window and laughed, steering the massive machine into the spot where most of the press corps had been positioned. The episode lasted about a minute, and Bush was still laughing when he pulled to a stop. He gave reporters a thumbs-up. "If you've never driven a D-10, it's the coolest experience," Bush said afterward. Yeah, almost as much fun as seeing your life flash before your eyes.
You know I am no fan of dear leader but is what he did dangerous? I don't know, me thinks he is done more damage to our country. Oh well..

This Has Had To Have Been Scary For The Boys link

Three young boys grew breast tissue after exposure to lotions and shampoos containing lavender or tea tree oil, researchers say.

It is not uncommon for boys to develop breast tissue during puberty or just after, but the boys affected by the plant oils were aged four, seven and 10.

The natural oils may be “gender-bending” chemicals mimicking effects of the female hormone, oestrogen, the findings suggest. The boys were otherwise normal, and lost the breast tissue within months of discontinuing use of the products.

When The World Drives Me Nuts.. I Might Be Here

Meditating!



Ads Like This One Below Leave Me Shaking My Head. From here (some ads may not be work safe)
I have never seen this ad before..



Cool Ads If you Love Books. From here (some ads may not be work safe)

BookPlus: A book will never let you down (Click on the image to get a better look)


24 comments:

Diana said...

I loved the book ads. Especially as at this moment in time, blogger has chosen not to let me access the comments for my post.

Bush? He's just an idiot. Only an idiot puts others at risk for what he thinks is a joke. I don't think they were at great risk, but risk, none-the-less. Feet can slip, so can levers and gears. Just stupid.

Sanjay said...

@Diana. I loved the book ads too, I could not comment on your blog either :-/
But will get back to it later.
I agree about what you said, some of the responses at the article page was like.. no biggie.

Maggie said...

Imagine what the secret service would have done to someone who tried to play that same joke on Dear Leader?

I love the book ads. I heard a podcast a while back about how paper books would go out of production one day and be replaced with electronic books, like records did for CDs. But I would prefer the paper ones all my life and into the future, precisely because there are no electronic 'issues' with paper and ink.

Aditi said...

hmm i bet those boys were freaked.. i didnt know lavender could do that.. neway
hmm about our dear leader.. well... only him

ML said...

Who would have thought that lavendar and tea tree oil would do something like that. Wow!

Bush's stunt just adds more fuel to my opinion that the man is either mentally disabled or a damn jackass! I'm leaning more towards the latter.

Wow, I sure hope no one does any sleepwalking in that monastery!

Great book ads :)

Cacophoenix said...

That monastery was so serene, I could meditate by just looking at it. Awesome photos.
Lavendar and tea oil. Wow, that's plain wierd. Maybe that's why guys run away from smells like these, atleast the men I know.

Asha said...

OY!!! I better check the Shampoo my son uses!!
No! I don't think we have those kind of shampoos,my son is all boy with washboard abs(his doctor's words!);D
Thanks Sanjay for alerting me.Enjoy the Super Bowl!:)

meno said...

I wonder what the press would have been if Bush had injured someone with his little stunt. What an ass. Not that we didn't already know that.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Blogger is my nasty boy cousin today, pulling my hair and pointing at my butt. WTF? I can't comment?

Okay, now I can.

LOVED the oranges!

I am sending the book pages to the computer guys I work with. I still say trying to read an online book whilst sitting on the toilet is impossible, impractical, and insane....

Orchid said...

SO will you get to the monastery on a tiger's back too..o.k. sorry bad joke :)
Thanks for the warning....I have a boy, y'know!

Mridula said...

Loved the pictures of the monastery. And your dear leader really acts stupid.

starry nights said...

I would love to go ther to meditate too.Loved the book ad the best and I think Bush has put more peoples lives at risk than anyone can ever imagine, so I dont think he thought anything about these few peoples lives. About the boy's, we don't know the stuff that is in those personal care products,I don't think it is regulated by the FDA.

Sanjay said...

@Maggie.. I can only imagine. Perks of being who you are.Talking about audio books I have never listened to one yet. There is something very fulfilling about being able to touch a book or even having them take up shelf space in a book case.

@Aditi.. The lavender was news to me as well.

@ML.. Thanks. Yes the monastery is no place to be sleep walking.

@Cacophoenix..It is sorta weird yes. Lavender oil and tea oil.. yup I would run too.

@Asha.. lol@washboard abs. Yes I hope its a good game. You enjoy it too.

@Meno.. Less said about our press the better no? :)

@Mona..lol agreed. I had a feeling you would have to say something about the oranges. :)
I agree about online books.

@Orchid.. lol @being on a tiger's back.

@Mridula.. yes :-/

@Starry. You are right it is not FDA regulated.

Carrie said...

I can't even stand to read anything about the chief monkey. It boggles the brain when I still see his stickers on cars.

That lavender oil thing is scary. I'll have to remember that.

I love the book ad. Thank goodness for books.

Rose said...

Cool book ads and can you imagine the boys faces "uh mom why do I have breast."

Sai said...

LOl loved the book ads...as always you have the coolest stuff on your blog!

patches said...

Just imagine if it had been Cheny at the controls instead... monastery is very nice, thanks for posting a link to my new "happy place"

beenzzz said...

Yes, I think he did some damage!! Definitely!

listmaker said...

Wait, they really let that idiot get behind the wheel?

Fuzzylogic said...

Bush at the wheels,anyway he is at the nation's wheel and we all know he applies the same logic even there!what an idiot!
Lol about the book ads,they are really cool.Ah,the monastery did make such a serene peaceful picture!Makes me wanna go take a break myself:)

Ash said...

Loved the book ads....very cool and creative.

The mountain photo is awesome!

artnavy said...

i saw monsatries like that - in fact many of tehm - on my trip to bhutan

Lotus Reads said...

Really,really loved the book ads,Sanjay! I know E-books are getting real popular but I don't get any enjoyment out of them. I think these book ads were done by a company in Dubai - I'm going to see what I can dig up about the advertising company.

Ameet said...

Sounds just like Bush - reckless and haughty.

Love that monastery - that's where I need to be right now.