Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Musings..

This Cartoon Says It All..
From slate


From The Smoking Gun.. link

SEPTEMBER 12--North Carolina cops are searching for a guy who successfully passed a $200 bill bearing George W. Bush's portrait and a drawing of the White House complete with lawn signs reading "We like ice cream" and "USA deserves a tax cut." The phony Bush bill--a copy of which you'll find below--was presented to a cashier at a Food Lion in Roanoke Rapids on September 6 by an unidentified male who was seeking to pay for $150 in groceries. Remarkably, the cashier accepted the counterfeit note and gave the man $50 change.



The chance that the worst president that we have ever had will ever grace the face of a US currency note is highly unlikely.

Overheard in New York
link
But It Sounds More Suave When You're Talking to a Logger

Chick: I really have a thing for my TA. I think he's into me. Like, he's giving off all these signs.
Dude: You should totally go up to him and ask if you can see his wood.
Chick: You know, I've done something like that before.

--NYU Route B bus

Overheard by: crackin' up

American Existentialism in Action

College chick throwing down Waiting for Godot: I just don't get this play at all.
College dude: You want me to teach you to play Minesweeper?

--JFK

Talking about New York

I had fun last week meeting and dining with fellow progressives who frequent Atrios's blog and also have their own blogs. A picture below. I am easy to spot in that pic.


Nice Pic!

A drop of milk on coffee never looked so good! From here

22 comments:

Aditi said...

that is a good picture.. funny conversation.. and that bit abt the note is funny
Happy NewYear

artnavy said...

that is a very intriguing picture
thought it was marine life first

deepsat said...

stunning pic!!!

liked the story on the counterfeit note! cant believe it was accepted. are ppl in awe of bush or do they have such high regard that his pic on the currency is fine??

in any case, he is in a big mess after last weekend!!!

;-))

Sanjay said...

@Aditi..Thanks.

@Artnavy. Marine life" Ye there are exotic species out there, I can see why you thought so.

@Deepsat.. Thanks

Sai said...

Hey Sanjay: That is a very nice photo. Looks like a fun evening; fine company and great conversation.

Love that drop of milk photo.

meno said...

Accepting a $200 bill with Bush on it? That's just a tax on being stupid.
Great milk drop photo.

Sanjay said...

@Sai. Thanks

@Meno..lol @tax on being stupid.

Shionge said...

Great photo indeed Sanjay and thanks for sharing.

Hope you had a happy holiday :D

Nancy Willing said...

who else is recognizable in the pic?
I know so many Atriots by verbage only!
(I have reviewed NTodd pic gallery)

Love the 200$ bill story!

Carrie said...

That is one of the best comics I have seen. I wonder if I would get in trouble if I put it as my desktop.

I'm glad you had a good time. And I love the visuals. :)

Ethan said...

Nice pics.. sorry for not commenting on your blog for a while..

Happy New Year..

Sanjay said...

@Nancy.. To my right is Watertiger, across from her is Res. To my left is Eli. The rest are folks who mostly lurk, at the very end to Res' is Honey Bear Kelly.

@Carrie. Thanks.. As for your desktop it depends on how your office is. I mostly avoid politics at my workplace, except for a couple of folks who I know share my views.

@Ethan.. Thanks wish you the same. Man you got nothing to be sorry about. You have not been updating your blog have you?

Sanjay said...

@Nancy. Kenosha kid was there too. Molly Ivers and Thersites also were there, but given how the wing nuts went after them, incl their kids I chose not to put their pics up here.
They are very sweet folks btw.

Eli said...

And my sister on the far left...

Sanjay said...

@Eli..sorry my bad, I missed that!

Keshi said...

Happy New Year Jay!

ur in that pic? Where? :)

Keshi.

Teri said...

mmmmmmm, coffee. That pic is quick artistic.

Viewer said...

I wud lke to think that atleast Bush was helpful enough to get tht man $100 of groceries... otehrwise hei s good for nothing.. Hope u had fun meeting the bloggers///

Sanjay said...

@Keshi.. I am the 2nd guy from the right.

@Teri.. Lots of nice pics at that site.

@Viewer..Yes it was fun meeting folks.

Lotus Reads said...

I love seeing pictures of my blogger friends so thanks for including the one of you with your dining companions- it does look like all of you were enjoying the food and conversation!

I really enjoy your blog, Sanjay, there's always such an excellent mix of news, views and funnies. Thanks!

Sanjay said...

@Lotus.. Thanks. Dinner was indeed fun.

Elizabeth said...

No Bush on currency? Well, we just closed the Post Office and Stock Market for a President who wasn't even elected! (Ford). Nothing would really surprise me...