Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Poetry Word..

The talented Maggie will be coming up with the Friday word, while Mona recovers from surgery over the next couple of weeks (Have a quick recovery Mona!). Maggie picked "hail" as the Friday word. I have a poem below, I am not too happy with it, but there it is. But before we get to the poem, that story about dumplings in China that supposedly had cardboard? I blogged about it here. Apparently that was a hoax. The story on cnn link. But I heard the correspondent on NPR say that it could be possible that the Chinese authorities decided to call it a hoax as the story was true and too embarrassing. Who knows? Anyway on to the poem..

Where do you hail from?

Lips dry.. my being trembles

The descent in to loneliness

Smothering my soul

Mind tumbling into a vortex

Hailstorm of self doubts

Whirlwinds scattering my thoughts

Lifeless and adrift

Under the eyes of a cold gray sky

Unleashing my demons

Chafe beneath the burden

Of my own crosses.. real and imagined

Shards of broken dreams flow thru my veins

Puncturing them, draining in to me

Withering away..

Eyes sightless.. unseeing

Gnarled and brought to my knees

I had seen love

Would she look back at me now?

Was she an illusion?


Eyes open at the sound of her voice

A gentle aria of her amour

Bathed in the light of her eyes

Healed by her touch

Renewed as her laugh washed over me

I drink from the soft petals of her lips

Ambrosia worthy of the gods

For a mere mortal.. why?

The fragrance of her yoni

Its divine warmth gives me succor

As it breathes in to me life

She envelopes me in the cocoon of her love

Where do you hail from angel?

Hush!.. she whispers against my lips.

20 comments:

Aditi said...

ooh first again.. beautifully written... started off kinda dark but still

Sanjay said...

@Aditi. Thanks much. Ya I do seem to have something for dark poems. :)

Lotus Reads said...

Lovely to see you writing poetry again Sanjay. Sure it starts off dark, but your writing/language gives "dark" a certain kind of beauty that is hard for me to explain. I'm so glad healing and liberation appears in the form of a woman...the last verse is just exquisite and displays some elements of Tantra (as we know it in the west), but I may be wrong. Are you familiar with that tradition at all?

Hope you're having a great start to your Friday!

Sanjay said...

"Hello Lotus, A lovely friday to you as well. Thank you for you kind comments. I am glad you can see past the "dark" words, and rightly so, for so much of the written word (as you so well know being a book lover and so well read) is how one interprets it. And you truly got that correct.

For me healing and liberation often do take the form of a woman for she embodies so much more including what I call the feminine divine. You may be right in that part about there being elements of tantra in there. Rather interesting that you mentioned it, for I did do some more reading about it after I saw your comment.

I must confess to being rather ignorant about tantra other than knowing its bare outlines, but also heartened by the fact that there lie within us powers and the potential to bring our lives much joy and fulfillment and that one only needs to open our minds do so no?"

Asha said...

Love your new look of the blog and that scenery! Happy Friday!
Great poem.Dark or not,it's good as long as you feel it!:)

Carrie said...

You are doing such a great job.

patches said...

Elegant descriptions, dark and beautiful.

Nice remodel!

Ash said...

Awesome!!!

Hollydolly said...

Love your poems Sanjay. Hope you one day have them all in book form. What a treasure that book would be.....Love your "new look too". Have a beautiful week-end.
Sylvia.....hugs

Anali said...

Beautiful poem! And I love your new blog header picture!

Sai said...

You know first when I read it, I thought to myself....uh-oh it is dark but it ends up being so different!

Like lotus says it sounded tantric to me as well! Enjoyed it and it is far more profound to be labeled as dark or otherwise. Thnaks for sharing it.

Tu phar bhavuk ahes Sanjay.

Happy Reader said...

Beautiful poem Sanjay! I loved it :)

Keshi said...

WOW lovely verse!

Keshi.

deepsat said...

coming here after a long time! this place has changed! your verses keeps getting better and better!! good one Sanjay!!!

;-))

Sanjay said...

@Asha, Thank you so very much.

@Carrie/Patches/Ash.. thanks very much.

@Sylvia. Thank you for your kind comments. I don't know about a book form but a compilation maybe a good idea, perhaps I would read it after a decade or so? :)Hope you had a great weekend.

@Anali. Thank you very much.

Sanjay said...

@Happy reader. Thank you for your comment and for stopping by.

@Sai, Thank you for your comment. I was not sure how it would end up either.
:) @ Tu phar bhavuk ahes Sanjay. . I guess so. :)

@Keshi. Thanks.

@Deepsat welcome back and thank you.

Maggie said...

You put your poem down but I think its lovely!

Beenzzz said...

What a deliciously erotic, yet romantic poem. You are a very talented poet, Sanjay!

Sugarlips said...

As long as its ending nicely I don't have any problem with dark beginnings. A very well written poem :)

Btw...Love your new template :)

Stay Beautiful...!!

Sanjay said...

@Maggie. Thanks. But I liked your poem better. :)

@Beenzzz, Thank you very much. I am ok not too talented.

@Sugarlips. Thank you so much. The template is not new, am just tweaking the existing template. :)