Saturday, August 25, 2007

Feeling Down? Want Good Looking Skin? Have A Ramen Curry Bath!

Link from Japan Probe
The bath, shaped like a ramen bowl, contains pepper-flavored water colored a light, milky brown, to like tonkotsu (pork bone) ramen soup. The special bath was created jointly by the theme park and a famous ramen shop, Nantsuttei in Hadano, Kanagawa Prefecture.

The bath was completed at the unveiling event, with the owner of Nantsuttei adding “noodles” made of bathwater additives into the tub.

The water contains collagen and garlic extracts, and theme park officials claim it can help produce beautiful skin and aid moisture retention.

“The aroma of pepper is said to have the effects of refreshing your mind, warming your burned-out heart and inflaming your passion,” explained a statement by spa complex Hakone Kowakien Yunessun in Hakone, one of Japan’s most popular hot spring resorts.

Ramen lovers in bathing suits turned into ingredients in the broth, jumping into the three tubs shaped like ramen bowls underneath noodle decorations hanging over their heads.

There is a Youtube video too, link




There are also green tea, coffee and red wine themed baths, I would not mind trying these just for the heck of it.





15 comments:

Diana said...

OK, that's just crazy. (And where's the sake bath?)

Sanjay said...

lol @Diana. Good point, now how in the world did I miss that?

Id it is said...

The green tea bath sounds good... rejuvenating!

Lotus Reads said...

LOL, the ramen bath sure gives "to be in a soup" a nicer meaning! ;)

All these themed baths are very innovative, definitely something I would try. Thanks for sharing Sanjay!

Sanjay said...

Hey there Lotus! Hope you are having a good weekend!

lol @ "Being in a soup". I loved your take on this!
Oh yes those Japanese are surely innovative, I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks I might want a dunk in those baths.

Thank you for your comment. Have a great week ahead.

Sanjay said...

@Id it is.. It probably is full of anti-oxidants. But does that mean the water has to be drunk? Not sure that is a good idea.

Ash said...

Must be fun to try one out!

Keshi said...

seriously? LOL!

Keshi.

MONA said...

Wow! That sounds a lot of fun! reds wine green tea and champagne! would love to take a dip in wine! :D

I was eating gems today & they reminded me of you! :)

Also.. happy Raksha bandhan!

ML said...

Wow, those really are creative baths!

tanabata said...

I finally decided to stop by after seeing you post on Lotus' blog a lot. These baths are hilarious. My husband absolutely loves ramen. I wonder if he'd be up for a ramen bath. I might try the green tea one, all those anti-oxidants! :P

Aditi said...

ooh good stuff.. interesting baths all

Sai said...

Hey that is such a cool post!

PS: I was concerned when I read that your blog was dying but I am relieved to know it is alive and kicking!

Melissa said...

i want to try this out! haha! im definitely loving the ramen. i love the pepper smell, only that it makes me sneeze. haha!

heather (errantdreams) said...

Oh man. I'd have to try the coffee bath. ;)

Where's the overpriced champagne bath for rich folks? *grin*