Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Word "Fear"

As per Mona, the Friday word is "Fear". I present two takes on it.

Fear

Her words sharper than a rapier

Piercing skin and sinew

To the very depth of his soul

He felt himself ebbing in to

A bottomless chasm.. welcoming him

With arms wide open to oblivion


A chill shot up his spine..

A cold sweat on his brow

An absinthian bile bubbled up

Into his veins seeping thru his insides

Turning flesh and blood

And his world to black


His heart beat beneath

In vain awaiting an echo from hers

A primal fear rising

Of abandonment

Of being left alone and heart broken

Of just being… boring


Of perishing in his own personal hell

Lit by the fire of her eyes

Licking at every inch of his being

Just as she had…

Once in love and carnal lust

That she promised would never dim


Fear of being a broken marionette

Tossed out when a new one came along

Ragged and crumpled.. limbs askew

A macabre dance of

The one damned to be a

Love of yesterday.



Fear… (On a brighter note) :-)


A sweet longing, an unending hunger coursed thru her…

How she missed..


The touch of his hand..

The little things and sweet nothings

Their tangled embrace of soft kisses

That set her nerve endings on fire

Of the way he lost himself in her eyes

In the scented silken forest of her hair

And how he slept like a baby

In the glen between her breasts


The goose bumps as he said her name

Along the delicate arch of her collarbone

The feel of his breath

As it cut a swath across her being

The touch of his fingers

As he closed his eyes to sense her contours

And the soft swell of her rising breasts

And the whorls of her navel


The sensuous dance of his fingers

Along the ridges of her spine

Weaving a troubadour of amour

The feel of his tongue as he painted her

In the iridescent colors of his love

His breath as it wafted across

Her aching yoni lips

His lips whispering a paean to her feminine divine


A sweet delirium an unusual fear

Of being alive in strange new places

Of opening doors to a celestial ecstasy and love

She ached to breathe with his breath

To inhabit this world of waking dreams

And a love so complete

She held her arms out to him

Welcoming him to her heart


Silently whispering to herself

“I won’t fear this love”.

12 comments:

Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Sanjay!

How lovely to see you doing the Friday word again!

What absolutely gorgeous poems you write. I enjoyed both of them so much.

In the first one, the fear was palpable, the words you chose to depict the person's feelings at the prospect of losing the object of his affection are so effective in making the reader feel his fear. I found it interesting that one of the fears he harbors is that he might be tossed away for boring her.

My favorite line in that poem is

His heart beat beneath
In vain awaiting an echo from hers


It evokes such a sense of loneliness,sadness and bleakness.

The second poem is rich in sensual detail and beautiful to read. I love that you wrote it from the point of view of the woman. I also love that her fears are not about the lack of love but about being able to do justice to what seems to be the perfect kind of love.

What a treat Sanjay, thank you so much for sharing these poems with us, keep them coming, won't you?

Sanjay said...

Hey there Lotus! I am glad to be able to do the Friday word again too. Not sure I can always but will try.

I am truly glad that you liked both the poems, thanks!!

In the first one, I did try to portray something a lot of people who love someone dearly feel.

Perhaps not everyone shares the fear of becoming boring to their loved ones, but I think of it as being something real. The mundane can be quite a sharp weapon no?

The two lines that you liked do evoke the feelings you mention. His wait for the echo of her heart refers to them being soul mates for they beat almost as one, that he no longer hears it ties in to his fear.

Thank you for your compliments about the second poem. I tried to put myself in the mind of a woman and I thought, a fear of love is quite plausible and could be for many reasons. One could be that this love scares her for how he makes her feel.

And I loved your interpretation too, that one also fears love out of "I hope I can love him as perfectly as he loves me". While I did not think of that while writing this poem, I think you provide a very relevant and apt take on it!

Thank you so much for your kind words and an insightful comment.

I hope to be able to keep sharing poems as long as the few remaining brain cells I have left continue to function. :)

Please have a great weekend!

AVIANA said...

i enjoyed both of your poems...

i like this line.....His heart beat beneath
In vain awaiting an echo from hers...

it's sad...i felt and saw that...i actually feel that alot...

have a nice weekend

Aditi said...

2 very different poems and both brilliant... absolutely.. i am so glad u're writing again regularly

starry nights said...

Sanjay..enjoyed reading both your poems.In the first one these words made me think "Fear of being a broken marionette Tossed out when a new one came along Ragged and crumpled.. limbs askew A macabre dance of The one damned to be a Love of yesterday." because I think deep down this fear is always there.

I liked the second poem better because it was on a brighter note.I especially like these lines "The touch of his hand.. The little things and sweet nothings Their tangled embrace of soft kisses That set her nerve endings on fire Of the way he lost himself in her eyes In the scented silken forest of her hair And how he slept like a baby In the glen between her breasts " because you had described it so well.You write so well sanjay.need to write more poetry.

Id it is said...

I was afraid you'd given this up! Great read.

Ethan said...

Nice poems.. vastly diff on the same word...
that takes talent..My hat is off.!!

Ash said...

Two very different and brilliant poems. Enjoyed reading both...but personally I prefer the second one :) I love that take on fear.

ML said...

I love your poetry, Sanjay!

Happy Reader said...

How Beautiful! I loved 'em both. Please keep writing!

Anali said...

So nice to see the Friday word again! And I love the two poems. This last line - "A macabre dance of The one damned to be a Love of yesterday."

How heart-wrenching! I'm glad you had the second contrasting poem ending on an upbeat. But they are both still beautiful in their own ways.

Keshi said...

what a Love wow! :)

Keshi.