Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The First Results Are In..A Sign Of Things To Come?

I hope so! By way of DailyKos

From tiny Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.. link
The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each Election Day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.
The results "My Friends" ;)
2008

Obama: 15
McCain: 6

2004:

Bush 19
Kerry 7

2000:

Bush 21
Gore 5

1996:

Dole 18
Clinton 8

1992:

Bush 15
Perot 8
Clinton 2

1988:

Bush 34
Dukakis 3

5 comments:

binaryfootprints said...

Huh! So now " The way dixie goes so does the rest of the nation" Frankly I have been hearing that about every state.

I am during this period of History..a time I will remember to tell my grandchildren, and tell them what an event it was, cannot vote. CRAP!!

I half wanted to go down to the election place and cry my name is not there and vote somewhere. I am even willing to go down there and look all sad and "Woe-me" if only they would let me vote.

Lotus Reads said...

Yes, I saw a clip of the folks voting...the results made me very hopeful and rightly so!

Sanjay said...

Aww bfp!. Perhaps you can vote for president elect Ovbama's second term?:)

Sanjay said...

Yep Lotus.. rightly so!!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

CHECK THIS UNIQUE SITE ALSO
www.nodahej.com Matrimonial Site is the worlds only Matrimonial Site for peoples who don't want to take and give dowries for their marriages.its total free site.Add your Free Matrimonial Profile Now.
http://nodahej.com